Thread: psx bios problem

Beans

psx bios problem

I obtained pSX using the Synaptic Package Manager, and I definately have the BIOS image required to run it. When I attempt to run it however, it always says that it doesn't have one whether I place the image into the proper folder or not. And every time it prompts me to select the image, it closes after I select it, with no error message at all. I'm at a loss. Is there anything I should do? I'm also kind of a newb here. Thanks!

Beans

Re: psx bios problem

I would visit the pSX forums instead. Go here http://psxemulator.proboards54.com/
    Good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Did you actually install PCSX from the Ubuntu repositories, MEGAMANULTIMATE, or did you add dfreer's repository to your list and use Synaptic to download it from there?

If you actually installed PCSX, this is a very old emulator and quite complex to set up. If you want an enhancing emulator, I'd recommend ePSXe. Although this can be even more complex to set up up than PCSX, it is a better, more recent emulator. However, even ePSXe is long out of development and hasn't been updated for over 4 years.

If you did install pSX emulator, as Tux0r says, the official forum is the best place to post your question, although the likelihood is you have a naff BIOS. What's its exact name?

And, if you didn't install pSX, you should; it's a very easy emulator to install and configure: all you need to do is download the latest version, install libgtkglext1 in Synaptic, decompress the package you downloaded somewhere (do
    Code:
    tar xvpf <package_name>
    wherever you want it), put a working BIOS in the bios folder and run it. You'll also need a working 3D videocard driver.

Or you can use dfreer's repository: see his threads here and in the pSX forum.
    Last edited by acoustibop; November 24th, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I'm having the exact same problem as you dood.

Oddly enough my bios file is in capital, as in SCPH1001.BIN, so pSX keeps asking, but when I rename it and decapitalize everything, it stops asking but it still crashes either way...

I'm working on getting epsxe to work. Wondering whether or not I should try pSX through Wine instead mmm