Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tell me how ETQW is running on your system please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Tell me how ETQW is running on your system please

Quote Originally Posted by JurB View Post
    Well, i actually got this system preconfigured, not that much of a hardware connaiseur.
    The card IS a 8600 GS, as identified by vista's hardware manager. I did manage to find some specs of the card, basically it's a crippled GT version intended only for low end pc's. Dunno why they put that kind of crap in with my other hardware....

As for ETQW i tweaked the setting a bit, and it's running much better now, but i was hoping for the full expereince.... so, WHO WANTS TO SUGGEST A NEW GRAPHICS CARD!
    If you are going to get a new one, I can't recommend the 8800GT enough. It's faster and cheaper than the8800GTS's and almost hits 8800GTX speed in a few games.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Agree with the other posters. An 8600 just isn't a good gamers card, the 8800 flies with etqw though.

Beans

I just wanted to pipe in as I have almost identical config,
    Intel Dual Core 6550
    2GB RAM
    Super cheap and super lame GeForce 8600 GT- 256M
    Dell-WFP2407
    1920x1080

I have been running into an issue of being booted out of the game which seems to be due to my screensaver not being aware(Doh), but beyond that I have been running on "high" for graphic detail playing only computer so far and everything has been very acceptable.

Does anyone know if there is a switch for etqw which will add the frame rate avg. to my logs ?

--RR

glxinfo for those interested...

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL renderer string: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2
    OpenGL version string: 2.1.1 NVIDIA 100.14.19

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Your can show fps by dropping down the console (ctrl-alt-~) then typing "com_showFPS 1"

With some extra tweaks (see posted link) i can now get it to run acceptable in Vista, better then with the same tweaks in Gutsy.
    I'm a bit dissapointed by the Nvidia drivers in linux, i always tought nvidia was the way to go in linux... but things like Compiz ran much smoother with my 6 year old ATI + ati restricted drivers then with this card and nvidia restricted drivers. Do you guys use the newest nvidia drivers? Is there a big performance boost compared to the old (via restricted drivers manager) ones? Tried to install them via Envy, but that hosed X.

A lot of people seem to have troubles running ETQW smoothly on high-end machines, so maybe i'll wait to get the 8800 GT. There seem to be a lot of different GT's made by different manufacturers, wich one is yours, mellowd?

road-rage: Do you use Compiz? If so you need to enable the "undirect fullscreen windows" option, detailed instructions can be found in one of the ETQW posts.

Tnx for all replies
    Last edited by JurB; November 26th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

A lot of people seem to have troubles running ETQW smoothly on high-end machines, so maybe i'll wait to get the 8800 GT. There seem to be a lot of different GT's made by different manufacturers, wich one is yours, mellowd?
    I've got an Inno3d 880GT. Stock. It's the first time ever that I bought a card on release. I just couldn't handle my 8600GTS. I mamaned to sell my 8600GTS for 80% of the price I paid for it because it only 2 months old so I was happy.

They can be quite difficult to find now. The one I bought has already gone up my £25!

You will be more than happy with any stock model. Don't bother going with special editions because you usually end up paying 30% more for 5% extra. The 8800GT is simply fast enough as it is.

Beans
    Distro

Wich driver? and how did you install it?
    Do you have ETQW btw? At what settings can you play? MAX?

lots of q's

Tnx for the fast reply!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

In linux I installed the latest beta driver but to be honest I play all my games in Windows still.

I run Bioshock at MAX quality 1680 X 1050 flawlessly. I also can run the demo of UT3 at the same. I'm getting the full game soon so will be able to test at max quality but I don't see a problem.

Have a look here for a ETQW benchmark:

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=703&p=4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

my setup:

intel core2duo
    2gb ram
    nvidia 7950GT

i can run ETQW at 1280x1024 with all settings maxed and get incredible performance - i'm guessing 50-60fps at all times. the performance is no different than when i used to play the beta in windows.

awesome game!

anyone want to start a [LINUX] clan?

cameran

Beans
    Distro

Hmmm... the 8800 GT seems impossible to get atm
    and the GTX costs 800 EUR

Why no [UBUNTU] clan?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hmmm... the 8800 GT seems impossible to get atm
    and the GTX costs 800 EUR

Why no [UBUNTU] clan?
    I'd wait for it. They really are that good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast