Thread: Mythtv Linux Noob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Mythtv Linux Noob

Hi I've been using Ubuntu Linux since 5.10 and have loved it since day 1. But now I'm trying to setup a Mythtv PVR box and its not working out as I had planned out. My system Specs are as followed

Dell Dimension 2400 (2.6GHZ, 1GB ram, 20GB hdd for now plan to add a couple 250gb drives for recordings. PVR-150 card w/o remote, KWorld ATSC 110 HDTV card w/ Remote & IR, DVD-+-R/w DL Drive.

When I try the PVR-150 Card (even without having the ATSC 110 installed inside the computer [card removed]) I get a overlapping of channels stuff like WXMI (fox17) and WoodTV8 (NBC). This happens on both recording & when watching livetv.

this mythtv computer will be used for backend & desktop (to add any new software etc).

Loooking forward to hear what I'm doing wrong

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Mythtv Linux Noob

I have found in the past that before blaming my hardware and spending a lot of time with it the best thing to do is to test the cable with a regular tv and to test the hardware on a different cable system. If your problem is the cable you may need to rerun it or call your cable company for a fix. If that doesn't work then see if your card is still under warranty because you may have a malfunctioning pvr-150.

A note for the future:
    Your title doesn't tell us anything about your question. A better title would be 'PVR-150 getting overlapping signal' that has a better chance of attracting someone who is familiar with your specific card and maybe the problem you are having.
    Jj
    Registered Linux user #401472