Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Kde4 Rc 1!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Kde4 Rc 1!

Quote Originally Posted by ice60 View Post
    is there a way to make KDE look like it's using gtk? i'd like to use it, but i think qt looks ugly a lot of the time. i've seen 1 or 2 kde desktops i really like, but if it got rid of the qt look i'd really like it! i thought someone was working on a way to make gtk apps like like qt apps and vice-versa??
    Well, first I'd say find a style here that looks like a GTK theme.

And KDE can make GTK apps look like KDE, but not the other way around.
    Error: Variable SIGNATURE was not found. Printing error report...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    that used to be the case, which is why gnome got started in the first place but both kde and gnome are equally 'free' now.
    Except now Miguel de Icaza is trying to push Mono (Implementation of MS's .NET platform), and supports OOXML, calling it a "superb standard". So while these things are "free" (excluding the blatant omissions in the OOXML specification) I still consider them a hypocrisy considering QT wasn't free enough for Miguel, but incomplete standards made by MS are apparently good enough.

So I consider KDE to be "more free" nowadays.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Psychopath View Post
    Holy Crap! Blu Ray support?!
    Effing tight!
    Do you have a link for this, I've searched and definitely saw something about improved blu-ray support in K3B, but is that ripping or burning? Will it be able to play Blu-Ray videos? Will they be limited to data storage?

/me wants answers, preferably ones explaining how great the blu-ray support is

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by happysmileman View Post
    Do you have a link for this, I've searched and definitely saw something about improved blu-ray support in K3B, but is that ripping or burning? Will it be able to play Blu-Ray videos? Will they be limited to data storage?

/me wants answers, preferably ones explaining how great the blu-ray support is
    It shouldn't be too different from KDE3. Some apps like k3b may not have the appropriate menus in KDE3 (no idea for KDE4), but for most media players, it will be the same as what KDE3 can do.
    AMD Opteron 165 | 3GB | ATI Radeon X1800

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by yatt View Post
    It shouldn't be too different from KDE3. Some apps like k3b may not have the appropriate menus in KDE3 (no idea for KDE4), but for most media players, it will be the same as what KDE3 can do.
    KDE3 supports blu-ray? I wouldn't know because I don't have a blu-ray drive (or any blu-ray disks) but it'd definitely be interesting to know, especially with all the effort they put into trying to lock out everyone except Vista users (pretty much)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112