Thread: Mythbuntu artwork messes with aspect ratio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Mythbuntu artwork messes with aspect ratio

This doesn't seem to make sense to me, but Mythbuntu artwork seems to mess up Myth's aspect ratio.

I have a 16/9 projector but I can only output 4/3 resolutions from my system to my projector (for some reason that I can't fathom). To compensate, I use a DisplaySize line in my xorg.conf file (following instructions I found in Myth documentation). This worked fine before I added Mythbuntu. After Mythbuntu, it stopped working. The Myth frontend looked fine, but as soon as I went into 'Watch TV' (in any user, not just a mythbuntu session) the screen would be squashed and I'd have to select 4/3 for it to display correctly on my 16/9 display. Weird.

Simply unticking the check box next to Mythbuntu artwork fixes the problem.

So, my system is fine again now, but I thought I'd mention the problem for the sake of the developers.

One question I do have .. Now that I've removed Mythbuntu sessions, how can I get rid of the icons (floppy drive etc) that are on the desktop when I select standard Xfce?

Cheers

Damian

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Mythbuntu artwork messes with aspect ratio

Quote Originally Posted by Daminator View Post
    This doesn't seem to make sense to me, but Mythbuntu artwork seems to mess up Myth's aspect ratio.

I have a 16/9 projector but I can only output 4/3 resolutions from my system to my projector (for some reason that I can't fathom). To compensate, I use a DisplaySize line in my xorg.conf file (following instructions I found in Myth documentation). This worked fine before I added Mythbuntu. After Mythbuntu, it stopped working. The Myth frontend looked fine, but as soon as I went into 'Watch TV' (in any user, not just a mythbuntu session) the screen would be squashed and I'd have to select 4/3 for it to display correctly on my 16/9 display. Weird.

Simply unticking the check box next to Mythbuntu artwork fixes the problem.

So, my system is fine again now, but I thought I'd mention the problem for the sake of the developers.
    Could you file a bug against this so we can track it?
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bugs

One question I do have .. Now that I've removed Mythbuntu sessions, how can I get rid of the icons (floppy drive etc) that are on the desktop when I select standard Xfce?
    You should be able to either delete them as any other icon, or edit the Xfce settings via them menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Mythbuntu artwork messes with aspect ratio

Bug reported,

Thanks