Thread: Instruction Translation Fedora to Ubuntu Please

Stix, IN
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Instruction Translation Fedora to Ubuntu Please

Okay, I can't find any real help in the newbie section. Apparently this is a really old problem, especially for my system. Someone has apparently found a solution but the instructions are written for fedora. I figured this might be the place to find someone who would be able to understand the difference and translate these instructions into something I could do in Ubuntu. It seems this shouldn't be difficult if I were a little less green (like 4 days ) but I'm clueless really. Here is the link to the instructions and the the claim of a fix:

Quote Originally Posted by aggieml View Post
    I finally got my sound working after a month of searching various posts!

I have the NVidia MCP51 High Definition Audio with the Sigmatel STAC 9200 chip on it. It came with my Gateway MT3421 laptop.

I had given up on sound because everyone on forums had given up, but there's a patch for fixing this sound card on the alsa-bugs site!

Just go here and look for the post with the patch and follow the instructions:

A couple things: don't have to remove all alsa packages like he said in step 1. All I did was remove alsa-lib and alsa-utils.
    2...the patch file is at the bottom of the post as an attachment.

I hope this works for some of you!

In the original thread:

some guy claims he got the instructions to work for his Gateway.
    Desktop: PhenomIIX3@2.8Ghz CM HyperN520 ASROCK MS3770DE 2x2Gb Crucial @ 1333/6CL 3540HD PCIE 2x2TB HITACHI Lucid 64
    Latop: Acer 5253-BZ602 E-350 1.6Ghz Dual Core Fusion APU Intel 320 40Gb SSD 2x2GB Gskill 1066/6CL 11.04 64 bit dm-crypt LVM

Ohio, USA

Re: Instruction Translation Fedora to Ubuntu Please
    just to avoid redundancy ;]

Ubuntu user since 5.10 "Breezy Badger"
    Please share your experience with your Linux Printer!