Thread: [SOLVED] Diablo II Networking Question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

[SOLVED] Diablo II Networking Question

I have a question.

I bought Diablo II Battle Chest and have installed it on my Windows partition. Now my fiancee is interested in the game and we want to play together over the LAN. I don't want to go out and buy a new copy of the game, so I was wondering.

If I installed Diablo II on Ubuntu using the No CD hack, would the two setups be able to play a LAN game?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Diablo II Networking Question

Should be no problem doing this at all, while I don't have any experience doing it.

Only issue I could ever imagine arise would be if you both try to make a battle.net accounts using the same cd-key. As this is not the case it shouldn't affect you.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Beren Camlost View Post
    Should be no problem doing this at all, while I don't have any experience doing it.

Only issue I could ever imagine arise would be if you both try to make a battle.net accounts using the same cd-key. As this is not the case it shouldn't affect you.
    The CD Key is what I was worried about. I'll give it a try and let y'all know the results.

Monsieur Dozier

Beans
    Distro

Well, now that Thanksgiving is over I've had a chance to attempt to get the networking issue working.

The installations were flawless and run alone like a dream, but I can't seem to get one to connect to the other. I've connected both to my Ativa wireless router and when through the Other Multiplayer options. I've tried setting each one up as a host and each as a connector. Neither one will recognize the other.

Any ideas on how I might get this working?

Beans
    Distro

Problem solved and its working.

Solution in this thread.

Monsieur Dozier