Thread: Permanently remove check points?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Permanently remove check points?

I have several recordings where I have set manual break points (to cut out parts I don't want). I know that it will skip past them when I replay it on Myth, and I believe it will ignore them when I burn it to a DVD. However, is there a way to just permanently remove those parts from the .mpg file? Some of them are quite large breaks, and it would help save some space.

Thanks for the help.
    Laptop ==> Dell Mini 9 :: 2GB RAM :: Ubuntu Netbook Remix Jaunty

Desktop ==> Shuttle SG31G2 V2 :: Primarily Media Center (XBMC)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Permanently remove check points?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr1988 View Post
    I have several recordings where I have set manual break points (to cut out parts I don't want). I know that it will skip past them when I replay it on Myth, and I believe it will ignore them when I burn it to a DVD. However, is there a way to just permanently remove those parts from the .mpg file? Some of them are quite large breaks, and it would help save some space.

Thanks for the help.
    Yup, do a transcode. If you are using mytharchive, there is an option to let it use your cutlist. If you are using a different burner, then in the recordings list, choose the jobs option and choose to transcode followed by "default"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

The only thing is that I'm not always wanting to burn to a DVD. Sometimes I just want to apply the cutlist to the .mpg file on my hard drive. Is there anything I can do to apply that?
    Laptop ==> Dell Mini 9 :: 2GB RAM :: Ubuntu Netbook Remix Jaunty

Desktop ==> Shuttle SG31G2 V2 :: Primarily Media Center (XBMC)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr1988 View Post
    The only thing is that I'm not always wanting to burn to a DVD. Sometimes I just want to apply the cutlist to the .mpg file on my hard drive. Is there anything I can do to apply that?
    Yup. The second thing i said applies it to the file permanently.