Thread: Ubuntu IE Propaganda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ubuntu IE Propaganda

I just set up an Ubuntu Ireland facebook group. I'm the only member at the moment and hope that some of our other Ubuntu users in Ireland have facebook accounts and can put me out of my misery!

Using network sites like Facebook and Bebo could be a pretty good idea to spread propaganda about Linux and try and increase its popularity. It would be a good resource to use in conjunction with the website.
    Ubuntu User #18118
    There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances.
    Leon Trotsky

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu IE Propaganda

Thats a fairly goodidea.
    The user numbers on those sites are huge ... so why not stage an ubuntu invasion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exactly. I'm going to advertise the group through the existing Ubuntu / computer groups over the next few days and hopefully it will spread a bit and then potentially look at what Irish networks exist too.
    Ubuntu User #18118
    There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances.
    Leon Trotsky

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Using these types of sites also means it's aimed a much broader range of people too, not just those who are directly searching for Linux as an alternative.
    Ubuntu User #18118
    Leon Trotsky

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Someone had mentioned they were setting up a Bebo page for Ubuntu Ireland group. I don't use Bebo myself - maybe someone could have a search if they have an account

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I searched Bebo and found nothing. I set one up here for the moment and did some advertising. A few people have joined up.

I also set up a MySpace group here,

Just PM me and I'll set up moderator privileges and the like.
    Ubuntu User #18118
    Leon Trotsky