Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Pkad,

I have installed this emu on both XP and Ubuntu. Been using it for years, and generally it works pretty well for most games on either platform. I have had some installs that caused considerable grief, some versions work better than others. I would suggest you try a fresh install with the latest release for linux (v1.6 I think). This version works well in Hardy, and I'm about to try installing in Jaunty over the weekend.

dragon

Beans

Re: Flickering Problem with Plugins

Quote Originally Posted by joebrueske View Post
    I've been trying to find someone else with the same problem and a solution that will solve this, but I haven't. I have a post on the emuforoms.com and I'm hoping someone there will be able to help too.

ePSXe installed just fine and I was able to configure everything just fine. The bios I dumped on my old PS2 works just fine too. However, and this only happens in Ubuntu Hardy and not Windows, video flickers regardless as to which plugin I use. This happens with all games.

I thought by turning vsync on my Radeon Mobility card would fix the issue. It does not. Thoughts anyone?

Since it works fine in Windows I'll just keep using it in there, but I'd like to have it up in Ubuntu so I have one more reason NOT to use Windows! hahaha
    So, I fixed this. I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 and the flickering is completely gone. I also changed the video settings to Best. It doesn't look as good as it does in Windows under the same setting, but it actually runs a LOT faster, which is nice.
    Last edited by joebrueske; May 2nd, 2009 at 08:37 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dragon99 View Post
    This version works well in Hardy, and I'm about to try installing in Jaunty over the weekend.

dragon
    Let me know what you do for the audio plugin, because I'm having a tough time with OSS. Runs exceptionally smooth, just no sound. I put the 1.41 Eternal SPU plugin (since it's the one I use in XP) in the plugin folder, and now ePSXe crashes with this output.

Code:
    libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    It also starts up with this output

[code]
    Code:
     * Running ePSXe emulator version 1.5.2.

Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load module "libcanberra-gtk-module.so": 
    libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Now, I don't understand why I get this output because those packages are installed. If anyone has any knowledge as to why I'm getting this output, that'd be awesome.
    Last edited by joebrueske; May 2nd, 2009 at 08:25 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hey, saw your post on ngemu and I've got the same issue as far as the output claiming I have no libcanberra gtk module when I totally do and have it installed properly.

A bit of an annoyance since this is the last lil' piece for my friend to feel comfortable with his Ubuntu experience.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by murderslastcrow View Post
    Hey, saw your post on ngemu and I've got the same issue as far as the output claiming I have no libcanberra gtk module when I totally do and have it installed properly.

A bit of an annoyance since this is the last lil' piece for my friend to feel comfortable with his Ubuntu experience.
    For those of you having a tough time with ePSXe in Jaunty, you'll need to get upx, which will decompress the executable ePSXe file. Below is the code. This worked for me.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install upx-ucl
    cd epsxe(or your dir)
    cp epsxe epsxe.bak
    upx -d epsxe
    epsxe
    The only challenge I now have is with the O.S.S. sound plugin. I haven't figured out why it's not communicating properly with OSS.

Beans

Ok I am having a hard time loading epsxe on ubuntu jauntry jackalope, I have tired everything, I have all of the required libraries but it gives me a segment fault no matter what I do.

Code:
    administrator@Asus-A8N-E:~/epsxe$ ldd epsxe
    	linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf7fae000)
    	libncurses.so.5 => /lib32/libncurses.so.5 (0xf7f55000)
    	libdl.so.2 => /lib32/libdl.so.2 (0xf7f51000)
    	libXt.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXt.so.6 (0xf7efd000)
    	libz.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libz.so.1 (0xf7ee7000)
    	libgtk-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib32/libgtk-1.2.so.0 (0xf7da0000)
    	libgdk-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib32/libgdk-1.2.so.0 (0xf7d67000)
    	libgmodule-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib32/libgmodule-1.2.so.0 (0xf7d64000)
    	libglib-1.2.so.0 => /usr/lib32/libglib-1.2.so.0 (0xf7d3d000)
    	libXi.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXi.so.6 (0xf7d33000)
    	libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXext.so.6 (0xf7d23000)
    	libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6 (0xf7c34000)
    	libm.so.6 => /lib32/libm.so.6 (0xf7c0e000)
    	libc.so.6 => /lib32/libc.so.6 (0xf7aab000)
    	/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7faf000)
    	libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libSM.so.6 (0xf7aa1000)
    	libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXau.so.6 (0xf7a9d000)
    	libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libxcb.so.1 (0xf7a83000)
    	libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libICE.so.6 (0xf7a6b000)
    	libuuid.so.1 => /lib32/libuuid.so.1 (0xf7a66000)
    	libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf7a60000)
    After playing around and coping probably more x86 libraries in my lib32 folder than what I really need, I finally gave up until today when I ran it through a debugger:

Code:
    Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    0xf7f8d0df in ?? () from /lib/ld-linux.so.2
    I have tired it with and without a compressed executable and I get the same error, so what is wrong with my ld-linux.so.2? Thanks for any suggestions.
    Desktop 1: Asus A8N-E | AMD Athlon +3200 | 2 GB Ram | Geforce 8500 | Windows XP
    Desktop 2: Soyo-KT600 | AMD Athlon +2600 | 768 MB Ram | Geforce 5200 | Ubuntu 10.04
    Netbook: Asus 1001P, Arch Linux

Beans

I'm a newbie in using Jaunty. I already follow the how to install step by step here. but when I start epsxe script, I always get this response.

Code:
    line 6:  4014 Segmentation fault
    After some try, the epsxe start successfully. But i don't get sound and got message that libcanberra is missing. I already install that and still got that message. But now i already solved this problem with a little experiment. I dont know this will work or not in your computer, but this work in mine.

In the step by step ePSXe installation, there is a script to execute ePSXe.

This is the script:
    Code:

#!/bin/bash

export EPSXE='/usr/local/games/epsxe'
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$EPSXE
    cd $EPSXE
    ./epsxe
    chmod 666 $EPSXE/cfg/*.cfg $EPSXE/sstates/* \
    $EPSXE/memcards/*.mcr $EPSXE/snap/* 2>/dev/null 
    and for example, you will save it in a place (usually /usr/local/bin) with name 'script_name.sh' and chmod it (If you already make this, you don't need to do this step). But when i run it in my jaunty, it always "segmentation fault". So, make new script to repair this.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

sudo -u [your_username] [script_name.sh]
    And for example, save this new script with any name with extension '.sh'. you can chmod it if you want. And execute it.

PS:You must already
    chmod the 'script_name.sh'. You can also change the 'script_name.sh' with your script directory. Write your username and the script name without bracket.

Hope this help

Beans

Awesome Tutorial, getlibs has been removed though, I found it on another site, I don't know if I am or am not allowed to post sites but, please just remove this if I'm not, I just used
    Code:
     wget http://frozenfox.freehostia.com/cappy/getlibs-all.deb

Beans

I am a newbie to Ubuntu 9.04, and after following the how-to and trying to run "epsxe" i get this error in the terminal.

./epsxe: error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In my ignorance i'm not sure what this means, but I would like to figure it out.

As quicksilverprince mentioned, the getlibs have been removed; I used the provided code.

Any help would be great or a shove in the right direction. I'm new at this. Sorry if it's something terribly obvious.

thx

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It seems the location of the getlibs download changed. use the following instead.

Code:
    wget http://frozenfox.freehostia.com/cappy/getlibs-all.deb
    The problem you had is because the getlibs lines are needed.

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast