Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Errr, I got it working I guess, I can select it in the config menu, I click test, and it says it's working properly. But I'm still not getting any sound I've tried a few different games so I know it's not the games I'm running. Just to make sure I didn't mess anything else up I'm going to post the other plugins I have.

For my video plugin I have P.E.Op.S SoftX Driver 1.17 tested, and working properly, I have 2 others to choose from that are Pete's MesaGL Driver 2.76, and Pete's XGL2 Driver 2.8.

For sound I have the Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 tested and working properly (at least it says it is anyways.)

CDrom is /dev/cdrom

The Bios is set up correctly too obviously otherwise I wouldn't be able to load the games. Errr, what am I doing wrong?

BTW thanks for all the help so far.

Beans

Hello there

I am new to the forums and relatively new to linux.I have ubuntu 8.04 installed and recently decided to get some ps games but i had some questions regarding the emulator.If they have been answered in this thread please let me know so that i can search for them later

First of all i would like to know if i can use a controller with the linux edition of epsxe.I have plugged it and tried to configure the buttons but it did not work :S Any ideas on what i should do?

I have installed epsxe on windows as well and i was wondering if there is any way to transfer the saved games from one operating system to another(i would really like to play every game on linux )

Last but not least i have some .iso or some .img files but i cant seem to play them with the linux version of epsxe.So i would like to know if there is any way to do it

Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@fotakou
    1) Yes, you can use a controller in the Linux EPSXe. I can not really help you past that on this issue though, because I have never really had to fight with it. It's always just worked for me. Did you install using this how-to? If not, maybe you just need to install the plugins.
    2) Yup. Just copy them over. No problem at all. All you need to do is put them in your memcards folder, and select them using EPSXe.
    3) I tend to use the actual CDs, but from what I understand, EPSXe prefers bin/que sets. I am told that AcetoneISO is good for that. It isn't in the repos, so here is a short how-to and here is the Acetone site.

@Nazty_Nayt
    Crazy question.... Do you have sound anywhere else? I am wondering if it is your mixer settings. With my last sound card, I had a hell of a time with it when anything else was running. I would check to make sure you don't have some other app locking your sound card.

Beans

Many many thanks my friend
    I am now using a joystick with no problem
    The thing is that i have the same problem with the sound.I cant get any :S I do not have any other application running and i am using peops oss audio driver 1.9
    Any ideas ???

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Other then what we already tried with Nazty_Nayt, not really. I am kinda at the end of what I can think of on that one.

Beans

I had the same problem, I think I ended up just using a different sound plugin. I don't have access to my Ubuntu installation right now, though, so I can't check.
    -Vertimyst

Beans

Sorry for the delay in replying felson. Yeah, all my other apps use sound perfectly. This is the only program I have a problem with. I mean for now it's OK, I can at least play, and hum to myself

If anyone does find a solution please post it, or PM me, I'd greatly appreciate it. thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

You're on PulseAudio, aren't you? There are two options:

- Make SPUEternal (which I suppose you're using right now) use SDL as output method and install the PulseAudio version of SDL ('libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio'). Unfortunately I didn't test that one, because I now switched to OSS4.
    - Invoke ePSXe with 'padsp epsxe' and make SPUEternal use OSS instead. This worked for me, but had some serious audio lags on m machine.

As I said, I recently switched to OSS4 which I recommend to everyone who is seriously interested in emulation. Most emulators work best on OSS, anyway (except for the Ubuntu version of ZSNES - install the latest beta, instead). A nice guide can be found here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Hey, I upgraded to hardy(this may be unrelated, I had not played in a while beforehand) and now when I click to Configure Audio or Video ePSXE crashes. It's not major, It's just now that I've upgraded some of my video problems have fixed and I wanna see if I can get the Battle Cursor to work in FF7

Beans

My sound works awesome!!!! Honestly I think all I needed to do was restart my computer, because I hadn't played anything since I installed it, been busy playing MGO online. Anyways it works, Metal Gear Solid kinda lags a bit, I think it's my copy though, cause my other games play perfectly. Thanks for this guide, and all the help Felson, waiting on my gamepad to come then I can kill some time

Quick question about the emulator, is there a way where i can make the screen larger? Also, how do you save the state while playing, because once I load an ISO, the default epsxe menu with the blue background disappears, and lastly, if I want to play a different game, how do I do that also? Thanks again for everything, happy gaming everyone

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast