Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Im running Intrepid 64 bit. I ran the installer because I'm incompetent. I have a BIOS file in the right directory and I have all the other configs in the right places (methinks).

I keep getting this error:

error while loading shared libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Humanity does not ask us to be happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf. Survival first, then happiness as we can manage it

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Get rid of all the files for Eternal SPU. I think that should fix your issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I think I deleted the SPU files. Is there one called "Eternal SPU" because I couldnt find it.

Thanks for the great how to and all your other help Felson.
    Humanity does not ask us to be happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf. Survival first, then happiness as we can manage it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I tried to download the package that was linked to a few posts earlier, but it says architectural error .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ok. I went through the whole process again from the beginning. Everything works great. The only problem I encounter is that the directional keys do not work for me. I had some problems when I was installing the joypad package so I just left it uninstalled.

Would that prevent my directional keys from working for some reason?

It also runs a bit choppy with the FPS tracker in the top left.

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I removed "Eternal SPU" from the how to because it just seems to cause problems.

@EnderEcho
    No, the direction keys on the keyboard should work fine without a joy pad plugin. Loading EPSXe, and going to "Config->Game Pad->Pad 1" in the menu. You should be able to set the keys there for the keyboard. If you want to use a game pad, you will need to install one of the game pad extensions.
    As for your chopy issue, all I can sugest there is play with the graphics settings a little bit. Some times sound settings can help too, but usualy not.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EnderEcho View Post
    The only problem I encounter is that the directional keys do not work for me.
    Have you used jscalibrator/jscal at all? It's been known to cause problems similar to yours.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Ok, i just followed the guide, but with no luck i still get this error.

can anyone help?
    Code:
    james@LinuxMode: * Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0. 
     * Memory handlers init. 
     * ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [/usr/local/games/epsxe/bios/SCPH1001.BIN]. 
     * Loading ISO Format [BIN/IMG2352] ok
     * NTSC cdrom detected. 
     * Init gpu[0][libgpuPeteXGL2.so.2.0.8] 
    NVIDIA Corporation
    GeForce 8800 GS/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!
     * Open gpu[0] 
    plugins/libspu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryjames@LinuxMode:~$
    Last edited by ironslave; December 13th, 2008 at 02:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    Have you used jscalibrator/jscal at all? It's been known to cause problems similar to yours.
    No I haven't used jscalibrator at all. I haven't played with the settings yet. I'll post when i figure stuff out... or have anymore questions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've got the video working smoothly now. I just messed with the options on the right side of the configuration.

I'm still having problems with the controls. If I set everything to the up down left right keypad it doesnt work. If I set it to any other keys it works fine. Unfortunately I cant figure out a set up that is comfortable without the directional pad. Any suggestions would be great.

EPSXE doesnt register any sound plugins. I don't know if I missed them or what, but I want to hear that sweet Final Fantasy Tactics and Chrono Cross music!

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast