Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

PCSX-R sure is easy to install, but it freezes my computer when I try playing anything.

So between that and libgtk1.2 being basically impossible to find, are there any other PSX emulators that don't suck?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisalphabet View Post
    PCSX-R sure is easy to install, but it freezes my computer when I try playing anything.

So between that and libgtk1.2 being basically impossible to find, are there any other PSX emulators that don't suck?
    pSX hasn't been updated for a while, but might work. PCSX-R is probably the only actively developed emulator left. Try some of the nightly builds.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by F-3582 View Post
    pSX hasn't been updated for a while, but might work. PCSX-R is probably the only actively developed emulator left. Try some of the nightly builds.
    The nightly build had an error and wouldn't even generate the configure script correctly.

I can't believe in 2012 there's no good PS1 emulator for Linux still. Most games I try won't even load correctly in version 1.9.92 of pcsxr. I have tried every BIOS (I have like 10 of them) as well as the emulated included BIOS with no luck. If ePSXe works well, it would have been really great if they included the libraries with it and/or used a universal Linux installer for it like Zero Install so it wouldn't be made of failure when users of newer distros tried to run it. I would love to find a simple download of libgtk1.2, but most everything I found was stupid packages instead of just giving the library file, instead of like in Windows where you can download DLL libraries easily from numerous websites. It never ceases to amaze me how a community that cares about openness has such a severe lack of standards that basic freedom like being able to download and run a program is so impossible for normal (and often even advanced) users.

I know libgtk1.2 is in some old repo someplace or bundled in some old distro someplace. If I find a good link I'll add it to this thread.
    Think about how you can solve a problem, not about how it can't be solved.
    Support true GNU/Linux freedom - support REAL Linux standards by supporting efforts for cross-distro app installers/packages.

Beans
    Distro

And don't even get me started on Microsoft's Codeplex site where PCSXR currently resides and how much it sucks. Reading your user agent browser string to detect your OS? Screw that, lets just recommend the Windows version for everything! Lets also not even have a "platform type" for any of the files, so you have to read the file names and try to guess what platform they are for.

Brilliant!
    Think about how you can solve a problem, not about how it can't be solved.
    Support true GNU/Linux freedom - support REAL Linux standards by supporting efforts for cross-distro app installers/packages.

Beans

I wish i could install epsxe on ubuntu 64 bits

Beans

To install ePSXe on 12.04 32 or 64 bit you need the following:

- i386/32-bit

cd /tmp
    wget -O libglib1.2ldbl_i386.deb http://goo.gl/8ghqY
    sudo dpkg -i libglib1.2ldbl_i386.deb
    wget -O libgtk1.2-common_all.deb http://goo.gl/snRd1
    sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2-common_all.deb
    wget -O libgtk1.2_i386.deb http://goo.gl/HB04M
    sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2_i386.deb

- amd64/64-bit

cd /tmp
    wget -O libglib1.2ldbl_amd64.deb http://goo.gl/ZEHVg
    sudo dpkg -i libglib1.2ldbl_amd64.deb
    wget -O libgtk1.2-common_all.deb http://goo.gl/snRd1
    sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2-common_all.deb
    wget -O libgtk1.2_amd64.deb http://goo.gl/lxFZj
    sudo dpkg -i libgtk1.2_amd64.deb

This will locate and solve libgtk1.2 problems..

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the post guys!

I'm still having an issue getting this working though

I followed the main post and then TOMBSTONEV2's last post..

I'm not getting a libgtk1.2 error anymore, however, I AM getting this error:

Code:
    ./epsxe: error while loading shared libraries: libgmodule-1.2.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    I am on Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bit)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hey!

After reading about this and fiddling around on my Ubuntu 13.04 (64bit), I have to admit that looks like there's only two ways to make epsxe work:

Either install the 32-bit modules by TOMBSTONEV2:s last post's first paragrahp. This will make epsxe work, but will also create a dependency problem with apt-get. You'll have to remove the package libgtk1.2-common every time you want to perform an update and then install it back. ****** solution, but works.

The other solution is to run it in Wine. I've heard it runs just fine.
    Last edited by kesman; August 25th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
    Please remember to mark the thread "solved" if we have success helping you out. This helps people to look for help later on.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233