Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

Do you get any audio plugins other than that? The PEOpS ALSA driver isn't any better than the OSS driver.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

@Nazty_Nayt
    Which wget was giving you trouble? I just tried the 2 of them, and they seem to work, so if you got an error on them, can you let me know what it was so I can chase after godady? Myte.ca is my site, so if it is acting up, I should be able to do something about it.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    I am going to guess that you are using 32bit Hardy. Try the following, and if it works, let me know and I can add it to the how-to

Code:
    cd ~/ePSXe_install
    mkdir tmp_libs
    cd tmp_libs

wget http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/g/gcc-2.95/libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2_2.95.4-24_i386.deb
    dpkg -x libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2_2.95.4-24_i386.deb .
    sudo cp usr/lib/* /usr/lib/
    HERO STATUS! Thank you so much, I'm a nube and finally you make a guide that works and is easy to follow!! I also had this above problem ("libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"), and this indeed fixed it (Hardy32)

Beans
    Hidden!

Exclamation Re: Install ePSXe Playstation Emulator (Version 2)

I need some more instruction, apparently. I now have ePSXe installed, and I have a bunch of stuff I don't know what to do with in terms of running my games.

I run Hardy 32.

I have a game that is on 4 discs, and each disc is an .ISO file. When I try from ePSXe > File > Run ISO... and select the iso file from its directory on my desktop, it doesn't work. (after tinkering with Config I managed to get it to where now it opens up a GUI that is all black except for some empty FPS stats along the top.)

What do I do with the ISO? Do I mount it? I have Gmount and can use it but I don't really know what directory I'm supposed to mount them in, or even how it works or what it is doing. Would that change where I need to set my CD-ROM config to in ePSXe? What are my options here with this ISO file?

I appreciate your patience with us new folks, hey maybe one day we'll be pro at this too
    Last edited by andyhowington; July 8th, 2008 at 05:15 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by andyhowington View Post
    I need some more instruction, apparently. I now have ePSXe installed, and I have a bunch of stuff I don't know what to do with in terms of running my games.

I run Hardy 32.

I have a game that is on 4 discs, and each disc is an .ISO file. When I try from ePSXe > File > Run ISO... and select the iso file from its directory on my desktop, it doesn't work. (after tinkering with Config I managed to get it to where now it opens up a GUI that is all black except for some empty FPS stats along the top.)

What do I do with the ISO? Do I mount it? I have Gmount and can use it but I don't really know what directory I'm supposed to mount them in, or even how it works or what it is doing. Would that change where I need to set my CD-ROM config to in ePSXe? What are my options here with this ISO file?

I appreciate your patience with us new folks, hey maybe one day we'll be pro at this too
    WAIT ok now I run it and it goes to the end credits...I have Final Fantasy 8 on ISO and FF7 on CDROM, and both of them, upon launch, show the end credits to the game! what the?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by F-3582 View Post
    Do you get any audio plugins other than that? The PEOpS ALSA driver isn't any better than the OSS driver.
    Nope, it's just the one driver, that's the only one it gives me, and it doesn't run sound on any of my games. I click test, and it does say it's working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Felson View Post
    @Nazty_Nayt
    Which wget was giving you trouble? I just tried the 2 of them, and they seem to work, so if you got an error on them, can you let me know what it was so I can chase after godady? Myte.ca is my site, so if it is acting up, I should be able to do something about it.
    I tried it again just now Felson, and this time it worked. I can't remember what the error was exactly, I think it just wasn't connecting. But the second one worked fine. I'm still stuck though after pushing it through, it doesn't give me the sound driver I'm supposed to have, I'm confused.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andyhowington View Post
    WAIT ok now I run it and it goes to the end credits...I have Final Fantasy 8 on ISO and FF7 on CDROM, and both of them, upon launch, show the end credits to the game! what the?
    Are you sure those aren't the start-up credits?

Nazty_Nayt: Make sure the plugin (libspuEternal.so) is in your ePSXe plugin directory.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by F-3582 View Post
    Are you sure those aren't the start-up credits?

Nazty_Nayt: Make sure the plugin (libspuEternal.so) is in your ePSXe plugin directory.
    That one I don't have in my directory, I've re-installed felson's script. I'm going to look through it again here.

Yeah I'm not seeing that plugin, in the script. Could you post the code please?
    Last edited by Nazty_Nayt; July 9th, 2008 at 05:53 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Nazty_Nayt View Post
    That one I don't have in my directory, I've re-installed felson's script. I'm going to look through it again here.

Yeah I'm not seeing that plugin, in the script. Could you post the code please?
    The plugin is in the script, but apparently doesn't get unpacked. Strange... Then you might have to download and unpack it manually. Just fetch it from here.

Unpack it and copy it into the ePSXe plugin directory (you might need root privileges for that).

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Strange that it didn't unpack. There is a command to do so in the how-to.
    Code:
    sudo tar xfz spuEternal141_linux.tgz -C $EPSXE/plugins/

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast