Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your android application ideas....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Post your android application ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 50words View Post
    Honestly, I think a Sugar-type UI that lets you see and interact with the people around you would be pretty amazing. It would be like creating an ad-hoc social network everywhere you go.
    I'm all for that! I wouldn't want some people finding me though. Maybe if you could enter some people's phone numbers into a list and if your phone sees their phone then it would alert you with a specific sound like "Danger! Danger!"...errr...maybe not that drastic but you get my point.
    Oo! I love this idea...
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans

Hey, this is a pretty basic idea but I wanted to know if it would generate any interest.

How about "away message" voice mail method, where you can instantly select pre-recorded voice mails describing why you can't answer your phone at the moment.

For example, you would open the application, hit record now and you could say something like "I am in class right now" or "I am at the movies" or "I am in a meeting till 2:30" etc.

It would be able to save a dozen or so voice mails which you could label, and then use them over and over again, rather than keeping the same voice mail over and over again.

Would this be able to be developed using the tools google provided?

Thanks

Beans

Post Re: Post your android application ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGene View Post
    I figured since google released their new open-source operating system (android) sdk and are offering a reward of $10 million to be split between the best programmers, that it might be interesting to hear what kind of applications people would like to have in their phone....

Info on android here...
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C68F94B4781046

I would like to see an instant youtube uploader (i.e. WHILE you are taking a video it is being uploaded to youtube). In the same way a flickr uploader could be integrated into the camera. This would really be nice seeing as how camera phones are doing nothing but becoming more and more advanced (not to mention the fact that almost every new phone has a camera of some kind).

What about y'all? What would you like to see?
    Excellent thread topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rupertronco View Post
    An internet browser on a phone that isn't terrible. I've gone through what feels like every smart phone available, including my current iPhone, and the browsing is still trash. A firefox mini would be outstanding.
    Kazehakase for Android OS?

Also have you tried Opera Mobile on your cell?
    Last edited by RAV TUX; March 25th, 2008 at 12:21 PM.

Beans

Mplayer or VLC

I hate that I can only watch a very limited amount of codecs on my phone, and the manual doesn't even tell you what it can play. Not to mention being unable to play Ogg Vorbis

(If anyone knows what videos my Nokia 6300 can play it would be greatly appreciated)
    ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇█▉▊▋▌▍▎▏▏▎▍▌▋▊▉█▇▆▅▄▃▂▁

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I think Openmoko is going to have a better platform when its done. Also Google is using their own license on their software and I think its to restrictive for me.

Beans

It needs a simple app to silence/vibrate your phone during different times on different days of the week.

Beans

Ok I have to great ideas. First one if anyone here actually has a g1 they would know that the actually has the android phone knows that the way the music section is terrible it would be nice if someone came up with a better or flashier looking way to organize music.

It would also be great if there was an app where you could put on music and then transmit through radio waves so you could listen to it on one of those unused radio stations. For example, you would select like 88.9 and play music and then you put your closest stereo on 88.9 and you could hear your music.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cis4crash View Post
    Ok I have to great ideas. First one if anyone here actually has a g1 they would know that the actually has the android phone knows that the way the music section is terrible it would be nice if someone came up with a better or flashier looking way to organize music.

It would also be great if there was an app where you could put on music and then transmit through radio waves so you could listen to it on one of those unused radio stations. For example, you would select like 88.9 and play music and then you put your closest stereo on 88.9 and you could hear your music.
    The phone would need an fm transmitter like nokia n85

Beans

As far as music goes, try MixZing or TuneWiki. Both are great apps and free. Much better than the stock music player.

On to my suggestions!

1: SiriusXM satellite radio streamer. dedicated app for the web service would be great.

2: Torrent status. I would like to have an app that can log into my vuze or utorrent webui to show me the status of my downloads at home.

Beans

symptoms app

an app to diagnose symptoms. you start typing in symptoms like pain lets say. the app recognizes it as you are typing so you click the pain symptom. then it gives you an options for what kind of pain, which would be listened (sharp, dull, throbbing). Then two stick figures would pop up one labeled front, the other back, and you can click the area the pain is located on the stick figure (head, left arm, chest, groin, foot...) then add another symptom and follow the same steps. When complete, click done and it will diagnose your symptoms and give you a list of most likely to vary rare but possible health issue you may have. You could then click a diagnoses and it would give you a list of places that can help you or a medicine.

you could even add the technology used for google goggles for rashes and bites to help diagnose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast