Thread: Where will physical meetings take place?

Beans

Where will physical meetings take place?

By the way, just an observation. The "Here are similar threads we found" that pops up above the text area when you are creating a new post is distracting and contains unrelated threads from other LoCo's. If they keep this feature, it should only include threads from the poster's local group.

That said. It looks like we have members from all over the metro (and beyond). What are some central locations that we can put on a short list of sites to use for meeting places?

The only one I know of is TIES, which is on the corner of Snelling and Larpenteur in St. Paul / Roseville.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Where will physical meetings take place?

TIES works well for me (my church is at Snelling and B, one mile north of there), but probably not so good for a lot of other people. I know we have a lot from Hennepin County, for one. Our first (and only so far) physical meeting was at the University of Minnesota, which works reasonably well, but having a multi-location rotation so that it "kinda worked" for everyone some of the time would probably be a good idea.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Guess I have never heard of that TIES, the only TIES I know of is in Minneapolis on the last wednesday of the month, and if anyone knows about that one, I would love to know your on Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

*cough* I know of the latter TIES, but not of the former TIES...so...in answer to the second posters question. Hi! I'm using linux too.

Anyway.

That being said. Given that I live down in Burnsville, a rotating option would definitely be appreciated.

Beans

Smile Re: Where will physical meetings take place?

Reviving a dead thread....

As a new user on here, I'm wondering if there are any local Linux, specifically Ubuntu, user groups that meet. Can anyone point me in that, or in any other helpful direction please? Thank you.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by root2devnull View Post
    Reviving a dead thread....

As a new user on here, I'm wondering if there are any local Linux, specifically Ubuntu, user groups that meet. Can anyone point me in that, or in any other helpful direction please? Thank you.
    3 months later and not a single response? Yet Ubuntu has 30% of the Linux marketplace? Is it seriously THAT hard to find a Ubuntu user group that meets off-line??? Maybe I'll post an ad on Craigslist or something.

If there is a group that exists like I want and I am somehow missing the boat, please inform me. Maybe I'm asking in the wrong place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'd suggest making a post to the mailing list proposing meetings - nothing will happen if nobody does it. (And the ML has more readers than this forum currently)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Check out our website for meetings and events: http://ubuntu-minnesota.org/events

Tony also tipped us off to The Ubuntu Hour, which can be organized by anyone anywhere. I really like the idea, and once I get my schedule finalized for next year, I think I'm going to start one in NE Minneapolis. Coffee and Ubuntu seem to go together really well!