Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So how's everyone's summer been?

Beans

Talking So how's everyone's summer been?

Hello again everyone, just back from summer break. How has your summer been? Any good stories to tell? Interesting places visited? New experiences?

I had a great time cycling the Pyrenees. It was a first rate, enjoyable experience that I'll remember a long time. Good times, great company, co-operative weather and superb locales. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Nearly two months in the mountains without a computer gives you back a completely different perspective on life. Highly recommended.

The landscapes and vistas were gorgeous, the people were friendly and helpful (thankfully! as we did get lost a couple times) and the little stone-walled villages are simply storybook precious. Pure air, nature, summits - the way it's meant to be really.

Careful on those downward slopes though, it's easy to lose control! I did once and a nasty tree got in my way! Nothing broken, (just my pride) some blood - that's why they call me a "weekend warrior" hehe In fact, we all came out mostly unscathed - twisted ankle, jammed finger was all. The "Pedals de foc" (pedals of fire) mountain race in Catalunya at the end made up for that. It was just the right ending to a wonderful trip.

Now I'm ready to tackle linux afresh, new versions of ubuntu and Gnome coming, new challenges/problems, help those newbies - bring them on!

I do hope everyone has had a fun, safe summer. Anyone else have a summer (or winter for those in the southern hemisphere) experience to share?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: So how's everyone's summer been?

Well I took my wife and daughter to the UK, but that was in June/July.
    It was the first time my daughter had flown, and the first time some of my family had ever met her. She had a great time, and I really enjoyed sharing her first experiences of flying.
    It was the first time I'd been back there since 2002, when I only went for a funeral. this time was all leisure.
    Some people say I'm a man of few words, but the fact is that most people talk too much without actually saying anything.

Beans

Your little one is an absolute darling if I remember correctly xmastree; I think you posted a photo of her using ubuntu a while back, didn't you? The plane must have been quite the event for her, eh?

What was your impression of GB now? Any different since '02?

Beans

I wish i had some amazing stories to tell but alas i worked during the holidays and college is about to start afresh. In my days off i enjoy trips to the beach with my friends. And lately i have been discovering pool, more that i suck at it but enjoying it nevertheless.
    Profanity: the single language in which all programmers are experts.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I didnt do much... Basically install linux, lay around watching TV, listen to music, and stuff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Been to Tunisia, seen the Sahara, rode camels! Oh and I went mountainbiking in Germany.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior
    Hello again everyone, just back from summer break. How has your summer been? Any good stories to tell? Interesting places visited? New experiences?

I had a great time cycling the Pyrenees. It was a first rate, enjoyable experience that I'll remember a long time. Good times, great company, co-operative weather and superb locales. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated. Nearly two months in the mountains without a computer gives you back a completely different perspective on life. Highly recommended.

The landscapes and vistas were gorgeous, the people were friendly and helpful (thankfully! as we did get lost a couple times) and the little stone-walled villages are simply storybook precious. Pure air, nature, summits - the way it's meant to be really.

Careful on those downward slopes though, it's easy to lose control! I did once and a nasty tree got in my way! Nothing broken, (just my pride) some blood - that's why they call me a "weekend warrior" hehe In fact, we all came out mostly unscathed - twisted ankle, jammed finger was all. The "Pedals de foc" (pedals of fire) mountain race in Catalunya at the end made up for that. It was just the right ending to a wonderful trip.

Now I'm ready to tackle linux afresh, new versions of ubuntu and Gnome coming, new challenges/problems, help those newbies - bring them on!

I do hope everyone has had a fun, safe summer. Anyone else have a summer (or winter for those in the southern hemisphere) experience to share?
    Rock shows (local, no massive festivals for me, thanks), a bit of photography, a bit of tinkering, a lot of work.

Beans
    Hidden!

In my college, I only get two weeks to vacate. What did I do? Download anime like if the internet was going to die, yay.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    In my college, I only get two weeks to vacate. What did I do? Download anime like if the internet was going to die, yay.
    lol.. you should just leave your pc downloading while you are in college... instead of leaving the bittorrent open slowing down your internet speed while you browse

btw.. what summer? is winter here... winter with 30° everyday ownz

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by sapo
    lol.. you should just leave your pc downloading while you are in college... instead of leaving the bittorrent open slowing down your internet speed while you browse

btw.. what summer? is winter here... winter with 30° everyday ownz
    I don't go and stay in college for X months. I go for two hours a day and come back home. I have brother who use it, so can't do so .
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast