Thread: Paying 5-10 dollars with paypal for someone to make the iphone work in virtual box!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Paying 5-10 dollars with paypal for someone to make the iphone work in virtual box!

Hi, I know this sounds stupid but, I will pay 5 bucks. It says its not supported, I have tried also, and I bet many Linux iPhone owners will appreciate your help. Now its 5-10 dollars! This will greatly help the community by adding support for something. Ok, now down to business, when ever I connect it it wont do anything I have tried un-mounting it from ubuntu and all kinds of things. I edited stuff in the ect folder and tried really hard. I am not linux illiterate, I could do this but I am not a coder. I am sorry if my explanation is bad. This is the simplest I could possible do it:

Make Virtual Box actually read the iphone and make it stay connected, when I plugged it in for the first time in MY computer it connected for 10 secs then stopped. In ubuntu it ONLY reads it as a camera and not as a disk drive, it fails to retrieve and photos BTW, I would like it to read as a disk drive also if you can. I hope you can do this!

Good Luck. It will help anyone that has an iphone and the community! I will also donate 4 dollars for the community!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Paying 5-10 dollars with paypal for someone to make the iphone work in virtual bo

There are plenty of people that will help for free. You need not offer then money.

I dont own an iPhone or i would help you out.

BUT, if you want to buy me one, i could look into it

JK.

Have you tried VMware workstation trial? It has better USB support than VirtualBox (vmware is slow though)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Wink Re: Paying 5-10 dollars with paypal for someone to make the iphone work in virtual bo

I couldn't get it to work at all. When I tried to install it it fails too much. . . .

Like I said this isn't something that can easily be fixed. It would need to be coded in to Virtual Box and be worked to where its usable.

Beans

Re: Paying 5-10 dollars with paypal for someone to make the iphone work in virtual bo

I would suggest you try running iTunes in VirtualBox since iTunes is how the iPhone was designed to communicate.

Also in February 2008 Apple is opening up the iPhone, allowing 3rd party programs to be installed on it. Maybe at that time there will be new ways to communicate with your iPhone.

By the way, I have an iPhone and I love it.