Thread: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

Beans

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

Here is what I spotted on the companies page about this delima we have:

"Linux support for the WinTV-HVR-1600
    Linux support for the WinTV-HVR-1600 is in process. When the WinTV-HVR-1600 is added to the growing list of over 30 supported Hauppauge products with Linux open source drivers, an entry will be made in the LinuxTV.ORG Wiki".

So we sit and wait for the Gurus out there to develope for us little people!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

That's great news that they are working on it. Last winter I setup my MythTV box. I ordered two Hauppauge PVR-150's and received the HVR-1600 due to a shortage of the PVR-150's. It was a nice free upgrade but useless to me since it wouldn't work with MythTV.

Maybe my assumptions are wrong about the amount of Windows customers but I would think a company like Hauppauge would know the majority of people who purchase a PVR card are using Linux... That I could not understand - frustrate your main customer base by giving them a better card that doesn't work for them. Very odd.

Beans

Talking Re: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

I know this may be old news, but just incase anybody runs across this post like I did...

According to the MythTv Wiki, there is now native (albeit beta) Linux support for the WinTV-HVR-1600.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HVR-1600

It's a great article that shows you how to install the drivers and everything...

And there was much rejoicing...=)

Ben <><
    Last edited by guitarboy1016; November 6th, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Smile Re: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

I know this is an old forum but it still comes up in google searches so here is the link that people are going to be interested in I believe the above no longer exists.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600
    "I am what I am because of who we all are." - Leymah Gbowee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.