Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a school laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Looking for a school laptop

try searching from dell small business featuring in local newspaper, usually they have good deal for 14.1 laptop for under 700.

good luck
    Totally shifted to ubuntu. Making my girl friend to do the same.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my path for an engagement ring.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The ASUS EEE PC doesn't match your specifications, but I would say that it's worth a look.
    MacBook Air 3,1 128gb | Fujitsu Esprimo U9200 | Google Nexus One

Pinoy ka ba? | Google Profile | Twitter: @AllanCaeg| Identi.ca: allancaeg

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xXx 0wn3d xXx View Post
    I am currently looking for a laptop for taking notes, browsing the web, and word processing/power points. I am looking for something lightweight but with good battery life. The computer does not need to be extremely fast but decent will do. Windows Vista is fine but I would prefer Xp/Linux/No os with about 1 gigabyte of ram and a 60 gb+ hard drive is fine. Price is also a factor, I would prefer the laptop to be under $1000 or cheaper. What would you recommend ? Thank you.
    For about $560 I just bought the laptop listed below in my sig. Works great on linux with only one minor tweak for the sound.

Honestly, wait until "black friday", there will be some awesome sale somewhere, and as long as you don't mind getting up real early and waiting in line, you probably can't beat the deals you'll get.
    Desktop: AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+, Nvidia 8600GT, 3GB RAM, 80GB hd, Windows 7 Beta
    Lappy: Sony Vaio FW-140E, Intel P8400 2.26Ghz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HD, Intel x4500MHD, Windows 7 Beta & Kubuntu 8.10 w/ KDE 4.2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12