Thread: Help, using gutsy gibbon running windows 98 with Qemu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Question Help, using gutsy gibbon running windows 98 with Qemu

Can someone please help me with this issue. I am still relatively new to Ubuntu\Linux but I am trying to run Windows 98 using Qemu fro within Ubuntu 7.10.
    Windows 98 is installed\running but I am unable to configure the network interface correctly to utilise all the network resources, printers, etc.
    If I use Qemulator 0.5 and Network | usermode I can browse the Internet but not the internal network. Should I be using TAP?
    If so How do I configure this. I have used the following link as the basis for the setup to date, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...UnderQemuHowTo.

Thanks for any assistance with this request
    Last edited by Powderhound; November 6th, 2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo

Beans

Re: Help, using gutsy gibbon running windows 98 with Qemu

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhound View Post
    Can someone please help me with this issue. I am still relatively new to Ubuntu\Linux but I am trying to run Windows 98 using Qemu fro within Ubuntu 7.10.
    Windows 98 is installed\running but I am unable to configure the network interface correctly to utilise all the network resources, printers, etc.
    If I use Qemulator 0.5 and Network | usermode I can browse the Internet but not the internal network. Should I be using TAP?
    If so How do I configure this. I have used the following link as the basis for the setup to date, https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...UnderQemuHowTo.

Thanks for any assistance with this request

I'm sorry, I'm not an expert on Qemu, but when I used Qemu to install Windows XP a year or so ago I had nothing but problems..

Have you tried VMware or VirtualBox (My suggestion is VirtualBox) Much better, and much easier to configure.
    Last edited by Delvien; November 7th, 2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: verbage
    __________________________________________________ _______

It's a theme, and this is linux, change it if you don't like it.