Thread: Suggestions please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Suggestions please?

Hi all,
    I'm still working on my site (a community for women into computers and technology) and want to add headlines...I just need suggestions as to what to list. So far I have Slashdot.org and Apple Hot News (I want to cover all types of tech talk, not just linux or just apple or just microsoft etc). If you have any suggestions, please list them? And do you think the site is too "green"?
    www.binarydigit.net
    Thanks!

Beans

Re: Suggestions please?

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryDigit
    [...]And do you think the site is too "green"?[...]
    Looks good, nice color scheme. I'm partial to Army Green anyways. Go Army, hooah! However, I would suggest just using olive/green borders and headers, _not_ actually where text appears (kind of like here in these forums using brown/tan).

\\//

Beans

Re: Suggestions please?

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryDigit
    Hi all,
    I'm still working on my site (a community for women into computers and technology) and want to add headlines...I just need suggestions as to what to list. So far I have Slashdot.org and Apple Hot News (I want to cover all types of tech talk, not just linux or just apple or just microsoft etc). If you have any suggestions, please list them? And do you think the site is too "green"?
    www.binarydigit.net
    Thanks!
    Ooo well its green alright I like the paler greens but the brightest one I find a bit harsh on the eyes. But then I don't cope well with bright colours on screen. I lean towards more muted tones. Its just what the eye can cope with and where it has to focus. Too bright and I can't read a webpage for too long. It looks good though and I shall browse about a bit and read more Going back to the main page again, the bright green is not so shocking.

As for sites, I read El Reg a lot. Don't know if thats the sort of thing you are after. http://<a href="http://theregister.c...e Register</a>