Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by md5hash View Post
    i just finished installing.. where is it?
    you may have to restart for the daemon to make the necissary changes.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    $HOME (Washington State)
    Beans
    4,590

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    Also, it is located in the sessions part of your login screen.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    U.S
    Beans
    389
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    After I followed the how to, I rebooted the gOS login screen came up I pressed f10 to choose gOS but it wasn't there (nor e17, Enlightenment, nothing like that) So I went to synaptic to see if greenos desktop was installed and it wasn't so I tried to mark it for instillation but I got this
    Code:
    Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade
    
    The following packages have unresolvable dependencies Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences
    
    greenos-desktop:
     Depends: e17 but it is not going to be installed
     Depends: emodule-greenos-fileman but it is not going to be installed
    But then attempt to install e17 & get,
    Code:
    Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade
    
    The following packages have unresolvable dependencies Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences
    
    e17:
     Depends: enlightenment but it is not going to be installed
     Depends: libevas1-loaders-all but it is not going to be installed
    and something similar if I try to install emodule-greenos-fileman, or Enlightenment or anything else it tells me to install for something it won't let me install!
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Live and let live

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by microsoft92sucks View Post
    After I followed the how to, I rebooted the gOS login screen came up I pressed f10 to choose gOS but it wasn't there (nor e17, Enlightenment, nothing like that) So I went to synaptic to see if greenos desktop was installed and it wasn't so I tried to mark it for instillation but I got this
    Code:
    Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade
    
    The following packages have unresolvable dependencies Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences
    
    greenos-desktop:
     Depends: e17 but it is not going to be installed
     Depends: emodule-greenos-fileman but it is not going to be installed
    But then attempt to install e17 & get,
    Code:
    Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade
    
    The following packages have unresolvable dependencies Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences
    
    e17:
     Depends: enlightenment but it is not going to be installed
     Depends: libevas1-loaders-all but it is not going to be installed
    and something similar if I try to install emodule-greenos-fileman, or Enlightenment or anything else it tells me to install for something it won't let me install!
    Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Enable all repos and try again. The devs might be doing more maintenance. They were talking about having the Ubuntu installation of gOS being more like the ACTUAL gOS.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    U.S
    Beans
    389
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    I did a whole reinstall of Ubuntu and now I got it working fine.

    Can you get Compiz-Fusion working on gOS?
    Live and let live

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    usa
    Beans
    223
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    So gOS is just Ubuntu packaged with a different desktop environment?

    The desktop environment is too simple i don't know why anyone would want to switch to it from gnome.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by microsoft92sucks View Post
    I did a whole reinstall of Ubuntu and now I got it working fine.

    Can you get Compiz-Fusion working on gOS?
    It's possible, yet the e17 devs are working on their own version of Compiz, which will be lighter and more suited for the enlightenment environment.

    @mousebox
    gOS is actually ubuntu with different programs and proprietary codecs (only on the PC version from Everex | Fluendo Codecs; else the ubuntu-restricted-extras provides the codecs.). More suited for the casual user.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    U.S
    Beans
    389
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    It's possible, yet the e17 devs are working on their own version of Compiz, which will be lighter and more suited for the enlightenment environment.
    Has anybody gotten compiz fusion working on e17?
    If so is there a good how to on it?

    When will there be a compiz just for e17?
    Live and let live

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by microsoft92sucks View Post
    Has anybody gotten compiz fusion working on e17?
    If so is there a good how to on it?

    When will there be a compiz just for e17?
    Again, check the gOS forums, I'ven't checked lately, so I couldn't tell you.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    $HOME (Washington State)
    Beans
    4,590

    Re: HOWTO: Install gOS on Ubuntu

    I know Compiz WILL run on it, but you would have to use an Emerald theme with it (ick!). They are working on their own compositing manager (like Frak said) based off of xcompmgr, but right now it is broken and rendered completely unusable, so I would suggest using just xcompmgr (which for now will give you the same effects as Enlightenment's compositing manager).
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •