Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use it in a read-only fashion

80 65.04%
  • Yes, I use it and edit pages

23 18.70%
  • No, I didn't know about it

7 5.69%
  • No, I don't like it.. (please give reason)

13 10.57%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you use the ubuntu wiki?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Do you use the ubuntu wiki?

Quote Originally Posted by songshu View Post
    nice.....i will add my site when i have something ubuntu specific..
    are you planning on hosting some content yourself or is it linking only?
    All the documentation I write for Ubuntu, I put on the wiki.

This idea is simply to show links and to rate them by popularity. That way, you can get the best article by subject and not only have to stick with one site's offerings.

That project needs some ideas before it gets off the ground. See the discussion thread...
    I lost a "z". Anyone seen it around here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Took me a while to decide which way to vote, but I decided that using it read only was the closest. If there was one for "I have used it but not much, and haven't really been back since" it would have been closer. I don't specifically dislike it, but everything I've looked for information on has been very out of date (mainly wifi stuff) or lacking in the detail I need. When I do get my wifi working I'll try to remember to pop back and update things,

All that said, I've never found either Launchpad or the Wiki to be that intuitive to navigate or use, and forums are something I ask a question on and then forget to go back to. I'm much more of a mailing list person

Beans

Like many, I refer to the wiki - among other sources of info - when stuck. It's a bit of a maze; and you can never really tell whether all the bits of information in the help articles are up to date, so it's rather hit-and-miss.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I don't use it because like others have said, it it virtually impossible to find anything on it. Mind you the forums are no better. I wouldn't like the task of rationalising either of them mind you, although it desperately needs to be done.

Beans

I use the wiki a lot, at least as much as I use the forums. I also find it easier to find things on it, partly because the forum search doesn't work as well as it should.

For documentation, people should use help.ubuntu.com/community rather than the main wiki. All the documentation is being moved there, and should be created there.
    Last edited by 23meg; December 20th, 2007 at 03:27 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234