Thread: MythMusic is not very intuitive...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

MythMusic is not very intuitive...

I have tried MythTV now and again and I think it's a great piece of software if it wasn't for mythmusic! It is very un-intuitive where you have to create playlists to listen to an album. You only want to press "play" and the currently selected album should play. Have I missed something? Is it possible to setup mythmusic so that I can skip playlists??? Or does it exists an alternate music plugin to MythTV?

Would really like to install mythtv-fronted again because I run it as a backend on my server but still using Windows Mediaportal as a frontend...

Beans

Re: MythMusic is not very intuitive...

I'm guessing the developers of MythTV don't listen to much music...

You could always use one of the many different music players for Linux.
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    --Confucius

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

You're maybe right

A seperate application for music is not really an option for me as I run a media-computer that is connected to the TV. So i would like to have a complete application that I can run from my remote. An application that handles TV, Music, Movies, Radio... At the moment I run Windows Mediaportal (my only computer that still runs windows)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tisse View Post
    You're maybe right

A seperate application for music is not really an option for me as I run a media-computer that is connected to the TV. So i would like to have a complete application that I can run from my remote. An application that handles TV, Music, Movies, Radio... At the moment I run Windows Mediaportal (my only computer that still runs windows)
    I guess that depends on your remote. I can't get mine working with LIRC, but there is a "switch applications" button (i.e. ALT+TAB), along with a "close app" button so in theory I can start any app to play my music and then close it when done. There are plenty music programs with support for LIRC.
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    --Confucius

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I see what you mean, but it has to be "girlfriend-friendly"l... and the "wow" factor has to be taken into account as well
    The TV I run my current htpc-setup on does only support 640x480 so I can't have a "complicated" music-program.

I probably keep looking for an alternative solution, perhaps I will try Elisa or Freevo again.

Thanks for the help!