Thread: [SOLVED] Watch Live TV

Beans

[SOLVED] Watch Live TV

I currently have BeyondTV and Hdhomerun. Just installed mythbuntu. The only source are from HDhomerun, no other tuner. But I can't watch live TV. It says,

MythTV is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected. ....

How can I watch liveTV? Thanks.

Beans

Re: Watch Live TV

I went into System Status/Tuner Status:

Both tuners are unavailable.

How can I make them available?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There is something about using network manager with hdhomeruns. You may need to follow this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...etwork+manager

Beans

Thanks.

Now I got another error message:

Error was encountered whiling displaying video.

So I still can't watch live TV.

Beans

Wow, I was able to record a PBSHD program and watch it while it's still recording. But I still couldn't figure out how to watch Live TV. Any help?

Beans

Problem solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by lfuzzy View Post
    Problem solved.
    How was it solved?
    Registered Linux user 446122 , Registered Machine 352936.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brennydoogles View Post
    How was it solved?
    I am a new user of MythTV. I am trying to convert from BeyondTV to MythTV. And this is the first time I setup Mythbuntu.

I am not sure exactly how. I think I was on the wrong channel lineup (Schedules Direct). Even after setting up the correct lineup, I was on a channel without signal. I went to the program guide, just moving the arrow around, then go back to "Watch TV", it suddenly worked.

I haven't got the remote control work. I have a snapstream firefly mini (works well with BeyondTV and MCE), but it's not on the remote setup list of mythbuntu.

Working with the keyboard, I tried to delete most of the unknown channels in the Channel Editor by hitting the "Delete" key, but it's not working for me. Is this a bug?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by lfuzzy View Post
    I am a new user of MythTV. I am trying to convert from BeyondTV to MythTV. And this is the first time I setup Mythbuntu.

I am not sure exactly how. I think I was on the wrong channel lineup (Schedules Direct). Even after setting up the correct lineup, I was on a channel without signal. I went to the program guide, just moving the arrow around, then go back to "Watch TV", it suddenly worked.

I haven't got the remote control work. I have a snapstream firefly mini (works well with BeyondTV and MCE), but it's not on the remote setup list of mythbuntu.

Working with the keyboard, I tried to delete most of the unknown channels in the Channel Editor by hitting the "Delete" key, but it's not working for me. Is this a bug?
    I think the key is 'd' in the channel editor possibly.
    As for the remote, you've got an option for Snapstream X10 RF in the config during install.
    Please post separate problems in separate threads though. Since you have live tv working, i'm marking this as solved.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
    I think the key is 'd' in the channel editor possibly.
    As for the remote, you've got an option for Snapstream X10 RF in the config during install.
    Please post separate problems in separate threads though. Since you have live tv working, i'm marking this as solved.
    The 'd' key indeed works. The remote still doesn't work even I choose Snapstream X10 RF.