Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation of Mythbuntu freezes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Installation of Mythbuntu freezes

I ran memtest for a couple days at the suggestion of someone on the Knoppmyth board. It turned out fine. So last night I tried loading generic 7.10 on this computer and the exact same thing happened. You suggest I submit this as a bug then, or was it only if Generic 7.10 worked and Mythbuntu didn't?

Thanks for your help.
    Karmic on Dell Vostro 1500 - Mythbuntu Lucid-upgrade may cause heartburn, ECS 671T-M, Pentium E6500 Dual Core, 2gb, Seagate 320gb SATA, Samsung SATA DVD, ASUS EN8400GS GeForce 512mb, PVR-150 MCE, HVR-1250, Seasonic S12II-330, Lian-Li PC-V300B

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Should I, or should I not?

I didn't understand. Since this happens with regular Ubuntu, should I submit a bug to Xorg? Or was that only necessary if Ubuntu worked and Mythbuntu didn't? Also I can't imagine transcribing all of those logs. Is there a good reference for how to use SCP. Would eth0 would be up yet to transfer it across the network? Is there another storage medium I could use? Currently there is no floppy attached, but I suppose I could.

Also, with Knoppmyth the display works until it freezes on formatting the HD at 14%, and Mythdora graphic installation procedure worked until it rebooted for use and then my TV started saying 'Invalid Format'. I don't know if that has any bearing on whether this is an Xorg problem or an Ubuntu problem.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by colinnwn; November 4th, 2007 at 04:08 AM.
    Karmic on Dell Vostro 1500 - Mythbuntu Lucid-upgrade may cause heartburn, ECS 671T-M, Pentium E6500 Dual Core, 2gb, Seagate 320gb SATA, Samsung SATA DVD, ASUS EN8400GS GeForce 512mb, PVR-150 MCE, HVR-1250, Seasonic S12II-330, Lian-Li PC-V300B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12