Thread: Q: for virt. forum moderator - What about Parallels / VMware etc?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Q: for virt. forum moderator - What about Parallels / VMware etc?

Hi all,

Forgive the question, but just to clarify - is this virtualisation forum intended only for people running other OS's on a VM within Ubuntu, or is it also for people running Ubuntu in a VM from another OS?

In other words, as a mac user running Ubuntu via Parallels or other virtualisation software), am I better off posting in this forum or under the Mac users forum?

Perhaps this post could be stickied - I'm sure others will ask the same q...

Thanks,
    Ken.

NB: this is a copy of an earlier post, but with a clear title header (unlike before). I wouldn't have bumped this back up the list, but one of Asiyu's posts in the beginner forum suggested it was OK to do so within reason.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Q: for virt. forum moderator - What about Parallels / VMware etc?

If you have questions about virtualization, including Ubuntu Guests on other OS, IHMO, this would be the better forum.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Q: for virt. forum moderator - What about Parallels / VMware etc?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    If you have questions about virtualization, including Ubuntu Guests on other OS, IHMO, this would be the better forum.
    Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.

Can I suggest that the blurb at the top of the virt. forum (which currently reads
    "Virtualization:
    For questions on VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen, QEMU and other virtualization software."

be edited to read something like

"Virtualization:
    For questions on VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen, QEMU and other virtualization software (including running Ubuntu as a guest on other operating systems)."

Thanks, K.