Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Myth could not connect to the database

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Myth could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
    Dying hard drive possibly?
    Sorry to hear that you are having these troubles. So you added your original partition to the lvm?

So after the reboot in step 11 you were not in Myth?
    I may want to add some additional testing steps to the original how-to so people fully test myth before going ahead and adding sda3 to lvm. That way if there is troubles they can back out of the lvm procedure.

I have used utilities at work that wipe the disk completely by writing zeroes to the entire drive. GWSCAN is one that I have used in the past. Maybe a disk wipe on bad disk will correct the issues you are having. That is unless this is your drive with root on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Here is something I found on the net:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ubuntu-581501/
    Boot with a live CD, like knoppix, and use dd:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=4k conv=notrunc,noerror
    I your case Mythbuntu CD should allow you to do this.
    Last edited by apauna; October 26th, 2007 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Forgot link, chnged sda to sdb in dd cmd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

awright, well. It wasn't a big deal to go ahead and format and reinstall. I only had a few recordings and all my music and videos are still stored on my server. I had it back up and running within an hour thanks to your efforts in releasing an awesome mythbuntu install. Now that I have practically nothing in my /var/lib partition I'm going to try again.

I would hate to think that I have a failing hard drive as both of them are less than a month old. From the time I purchased them obviously, they could have sat on the shelf for months, but you know what I mean.

I'll let you know how it goes on attempt number two. Thanks for all your help.
    Jonathan Brown
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup...it's knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Myth could not connect to the database

Alright, gentlemen. I don't know what I did wrong the first time. But the second attempt worked like a charm. I now have a 585 GB /var/lib volume. I couldn't be more pleased. How many DVDs do you think that'll hold? 10? 15? j/k

Let's see here...what can I break next?

Thanks again for all your help.

How do I mark this thread as solved?
    Last edited by Meph1st0; October 26th, 2007 at 04:09 PM.
    Jonathan Brown
    The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup...it's knowing that Chuck Norris didn't kill you in your sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12