Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant get mythweb to work

Beans

Re: cant get mythweb to work (Help I've fallen and can't get up)

HELP!!!! lol

Ok, so I've got a verrrry similar problem to the previous guys in that in some way... some how... I can't get my *mythweb* application to function and no matter what I try I get the:

Database Access Denied
    You are most likely receiving this message because you
    have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see .htaccess for instructions.

Here's what I've tried so far....

1) Editing the '/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt' file and setting both of the following to my user account and password

DBUserName=<myusername>
    DBPassword=<mypassword>

I then edited the file '/etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess' file and verified that the following username/password env. variables matched those found in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt'

setenv db_login "<myusername>"
    setenv db_password "<mypassword>"

I then restarted apached with '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart'

From my browser issued the following URL:
    http://192.168.10.111/mythweb/

*****Nothing changed! Same 'Database Access Denied' error. *****

2) I then decided to try and remove and reinstall the *mythweb* package with the following commands:

sudo apt-get purge mythweb (it appeared to delete the package)
    sudo apt-get install mythweb (it appeared to reinstall the package)

From my browser issued the following URL:
    http://192.168.10.111/mythweb/

*****Again, no change! Same 'Database Access Denied' error. *****

3) I also tried following the directions on both of these sites:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeb

and

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/My...0e2e86a4a5b029

****No joy here either*****

In a nutshell, I could really use some help. At this point I think I've fallen and I can't get up!

Thanks in advance for any pointers/tips.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: cant get mythweb to work

Okay try to modify that htaccess file to include the information from /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt.

Sounds like somehow that isn't automagically working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I can confirm this issue.
    On my system
    /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess had different passwords. I had gone in an disabled and reenabled mythweb from the mythbuntu configuration panel, but it did not solve it. I had to go in manually in order to fix this.
    I simply had to copy the DBPassword from /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and paste it to the setenv db_password variable for /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess. This appears to be a consistent issue each time I "dink" with mythweb.
    Running sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythweb did not resolve this either.
    Last edited by newcoventry; November 27th, 2007 at 01:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by newcoventry View Post
    I can confirm this issue.
    On my system
    /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess had different passwords. I had gone in an disabled and reenabled mythweb from the mythbuntu configuration panel, but it did not solve it. I had to go in manually in order to fix this.
    I simply had to copy the DBPassword from /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and paste it to the setenv db_password variable for /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess. This appears to be a consistent issue each time I "dink" with mythweb.
    Running sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythweb did not resolve this either.
    Can your please file a bug against mythweb regarding this issue? Thanks.

Beans

I am having this same problem with mythweb. I am thinking that I am even more of a newbie, due to the fact that it won't let me edit the files. When I pico the file it says that I don't have permission to edit the mythweb-htaccess page. How do i go about doing this? I have tried the other cmd that has been discussed before where you reset the username and password and no luck. Please help! I need to get rid of this darn database access denied page.

Beans

I figured it out, and it seems to be working now. I am still getting used to ubuntu, I had to use sudo and login. This allowed my to do the aforementioned password switch into the mythweb file. I am now wondering if this is causing a similar problem in xbmcmythtv. I am having issues with the database and getting it to connect.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

there's tons of info regarding the connection between xbmcmythtv and mythtv. for one, use the ip address within the path for your shares in the settings of xbmvmythtv. also, make these shares guest ok. also, make sure that your mysql database mythconverg uses the "old password" method. also, make sure that your mysql privelages allows other ip's to connect to it and that you use static ip's for your machines. it's just easier. after I did all this, I have 20.34b xbmcmythtv working with mythtv 20.2 fixes from feisty-updated repo or whichever repo the 20.2 fixes is in. good luck. use google and you'll most likely find the answer within the xbmcmythtv sourceforge forums. also, I would create a new thread for this if you have more questions.
    Check out my Blog about my life and computer software and hardware. http://ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com/
    My YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12