Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant get mythweb to work

Beans

cant get mythweb to work

hi all

Everything works perfectly (well almost...) in the final release. i switched from mythdora and it is much faster , i love it (no to say mythdora was bad!). One thing i cant get to work is mythweb. i get this page that says index of and then apache as a link. other then that nothing. it used to work flawlessly before on my previous machine. can any one help?

thx for this really great distro!

Zeltak
    Kubuntu: Thinkpad X200
    Ubuntu media Server
    Mythbuntu HTPC
    Nokia N900 (kinda-buntu )

Beans

Re: cant get mythweb to work

Have you added /mythweb to the end of your IP? eg. 192.168.1.1/mythweb

Beans

I have a problem, too. Don't know if I should start a new thread.

I connect to my mythbuntu box but apache2 says:
    root@tv:/home/simon# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
    * Restarting web server apache2 apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for tv
    apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
    apache2: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for tv
    apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
    and mythweb says:
    Database Access Denied

You are most likely receiving this message because you
    have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see .htaccess for instructions.
    It doesn't matter if I have set a password or not.

Other things like munin or phpsysinfo works
    Last edited by p$y; October 25th, 2007 at 03:59 PM.

Beans

ok I fixed the apache2 error by editing /etc/hosts to:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    127.0.1.1 tv.lan tv
    first it looked like this
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    127.0.1.1 tv
    but I am unable to connect to mythweb, I have executed dpkg-reconfigure mythweb, but still not working...

Beans

ok now I resolved the problem, the password in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess was not the same like in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and everytime I run dpkg-reconfigure mythweb the password will be replaced with a wrong one :-/
    Last edited by p$y; October 25th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Beans

thx for the answers

i did try it with the mythweb at the end but i get the error message of database denied. i guess it has to do with the htaccess and mysql.txt, yet i have no idea of how to change it...

thx

Zeltak
    Kubuntu: Thinkpad X200
    Ubuntu media Server
    Mythbuntu HTPC
    Nokia N900 (kinda-buntu )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by zeltak View Post
    thx for the answers

i did try it with the mythweb at the end but i get the error message of database denied. i guess it has to do with the htaccess and mysql.txt, yet i have no idea of how to change it...

thx

Zeltak
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythweb

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by p$y View Post
    ok now I resolved the problem, the password in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess was not the same like in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and everytime I run dpkg-reconfigure mythweb the password will be replaced with a wrong one :-/
    Reconfigure mythtv-common and put the right info in. Then reconfigure mythweb.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

dpkg - NOT the solution

Based on the message by p$y, I just changed the database password line in the file /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess to the correct password, which is listed in the file /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt. That password seems to be autogenerated by Mythbuntu setup, since I didn't get asked for one and didn't manually force one. Based on that post, I did NOT run the dpkg-reconfigure command, as it is reported to screw up what I just fixed!

I had already set a username and password for mythweb in the Mythbuntu Control Center so I didn't need to redo that.

Also, you do need to point your browser to "IP ADDRESS"/mythweb and then it works. Pointing to just "IP ADDRESS" like I've done in Knoppmyth doesn't work in Mythbuntu. I guess the Knoppmyth boys put a redirect in to do the work for you.

This password bug is still something that should be fixed in the Mythbuntu setup, but until it is fixed, at least we know how to do it ourselves.

Cheers!
    Eric
    Last edited by neutron68; October 31st, 2007 at 04:13 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: dpkg - NOT the solution

Quote Originally Posted by neutron68 View Post
    Based on the message 3 posts up, I just changed the database password line in the file /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess to the correct one, which is listed in the file /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt. That password seems to be autogenerated by Mythbuntu setup. Based on that post, I did NOT run the dpkg-reconfigure command again, as it is reported to screw up what I just fixed!

Also, you have to point your browser to "IP ADDRESS"/mythweb and then it works. Pointing to just "IP ADDRESS" like we've done with Knoppmyth doesn't work. In my case, it looks like this: 192.168.7.13/mythweb

This password bug is still something that should be fixed in the Mythbuntu setup, but until it is fixed, at least we know how to do it ourselves.

Cheers!
    Eric
    Please file a bug upon this issue if its not already done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast