View Poll Results: Was this HowTo helpful?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

251 84.51%
  • No

46 15.49%
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Ubuntu All Brother Printer & Scanner Driver Installation for Newbies!

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 All Brother Printer Scanner Driver Installation for Newb

Network MFC420CN on Gutsy 7.10 64bit:

After following steps 1-9 listed in the tutorial, printing from my MFC420CN still wasn't working, so I found another step from the Brother website:

A note from the BSC Linux Support FAQ for Printer:
    * I am using a AMD64 bit version of Debian/Ubuntu Linux. I installed both LPD/LPRng driver and the CUPS Wrapper driver, but I cannot print.

Install "lib32stdc++6" or "ia32-libs".
    Also:
    * I'm using an AMD64 bit version of Linux. Can I use the Brother Linux printer drivers?

Yes, but please note the following conditions:

For DPKG package users:
    Install the driver using the command option "--force-architecture".
    If you cannot print, install lib32stdc++6 or ia32-libs.

Also, try copying the file which name starts with "brlpdwrapper" in the
    " /usr/lib/cups/filter" to the "/usr/lib64/cups/filter".
    After installing both lib32stdc++6 and ia32-libs for good measure, and setting "Device:" to "LPD/LPR Host or Printer" on the second page of the "Modify Printer" dialog, with device URI set to "lpd://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", my test page fired right up!
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOWTO: Gutsy 7.10 All Brother Printer Scanner Driver Installation for Newbies!

Thanks for this howto. I set up my brother MFC-240C with no troubles. everything works great.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Gutsy 7.10 All Brother Printer Scanner Driver Installation for Newbies!

Thankyou for a comprehensive easy guide to install the Brother printer-scanner, I tried 64 bit Ubuntu and and couldn't get it to work, so I installed the i386 ubuntu and have now got my Brother DCP-115C working fine, thanks again from a newbee:

Perhaps someone can give me a step by step for Ubuntu AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by tvaddict View Post
    Thankyou for a comprehensive easy guide to install the Brother printer-scanner, I tried 64 bit Ubuntu and and couldn't get it to work, so I installed the i386 ubuntu and have now got my Brother DCP-115C working fine, thanks again from a newbee:

Perhaps someone can give me a step by step for Ubuntu AMD64
    There's enough info posted by others in this thread to confidently add the information required. I'll update it tomorrow.
    System: HP DV9224TX Laptop
    CPU: Core2Duo T5600 1.82GHz / RAM: 2048MB DDR2 667MHz
    HD: 240GB SATA (2x 120GB) / VGA: nVidia Gforce 7600 1024MB (512 Dedicated/512 Shared)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HOWTO: Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 All Brother Printer Scanner Driver Installation for Newb

Quote Originally Posted by blazoner View Post
    Network MFC420CN on Gutsy 7.10 64bit:

After following steps 1-9.....
    Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure it will help others.
    HD: 240GB SATA (2x 120GB) / VGA: nVidia Gforce 7600 1024MB (512 Dedicated/512 Shared)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by BoardDWorld View Post
    Hey thanks for that, you're quite right. That was daft of me as it will only apply to DCP-115C printers of course. It's now adjusted, Thanks!
    Hi thanks for this great how to
    i am running ubuntu gutsy gibbon 7.10
    i have installed my printer,and it prints

but i can not get my scanner to work

i found the above thread about changing the product id,but its not worked
    any1 got any ideas

thanks
    Anything Windows can do.....Linux can do better

If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it, and don't run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hello, could you please tell me what model scanner or combo you are using? 32bit or 64bit Ubuntu? What errors showed during the installation? Can you post the output after running the "sudo dpkg -i brscanxxxxxxx.deb" command.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi and thank you
    yes sorry,my printer is a brother dcp-115c ,the printer works brill

but i can not scan ,there was no errors during install,here is the file you asked for

trish@trish-desktop:~$ sudo dpkg -i brscanxxxxxxx.deb
    [sudo] password for trish:
    dpkg: error processing brscanxxxxxxx.deb (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    brscanxxxxxxx.deb
    trish@trish-desktop:~$

when i open xsane,i get this error after searching for the scanner

failed to open device brother2;bus4devl
    error during device i/0

If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything, don't do it, and don't run any command with rm in it unless you know exactly what you're doing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ooops i think its a 32bit ubuntu

how do i find out ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

That's ok it will most likely be 32bit. Could you please confirm that the brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.deb file is on your desktop.

Also can I confirm you have run steps 6 and 7.
    Last edited by BoardDWorld; November 26th, 2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Not thinking wrong file name!

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast