Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm stepping down - LoCo needs a leader

Beans

Re: I'm stepping down - LoCo needs a leader

I'm going to be moving to North Carolina in the next month and am very interested in helping out with anything at all - helping with events, publicizing, or whatever else needs done. I'll be moving to Wake Forest and I don't mind traveling for important events.

Beans

I agree with the idea of splitting up the state and doing events based on regions. Then we can occasionally have state-wide events, but focus on the regional events. I think we need to get moving on organizing all of this though. I'll help in any way needed.

I guess we should decide on what regions to split the state into. I think that should depend on our membership base in each geographic area. It would be best to figure this out in an IRC meeting. What do you all think? What day/time works best for you?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by undadecor View Post
    I agree with the idea of splitting up the state and doing events based on regions. Then we can occasionally have state-wide events, but focus on the regional events. I think we need to get moving on organizing all of this though. I'll help in any way needed.

I guess we should decide on what regions to split the state into. I think that should depend on our membership base in each geographic area. It would be best to figure this out in an IRC meeting. What do you all think? What day/time works best for you?
    My current schedule is quite flexible, a factor of unemployment. I recall that previously we held IRC meetings on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm EST.

undadecor if you haven't please consider joining the mailing list. For details see...
    https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-nc

-mark
    P.S. I'm _marx_ or marco_polo on IRC
    --that's carpenter, not the nasty fish...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

count me in, I like to help and I got lots of time
    *BUNTU addict
    Ubuntunerd's Blog
    Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
    Unanswered posts Team
    How to mark your Threads as Solved
    download "Opera" a fast and secure browser

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi UbuntuNerd,
    Thanks for your willingness to help. We usually meet in our IRC channel on Freenode #ubuntu-us-nc

Regards,
    Arepaking

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Talking Re: I'm stepping down - LoCo needs a leader

I don't have allot of time, but I would like to help with the little things since I am not a Linux expert but want to dive right in and learn to swim.

Also, I know we have been meeting through IRC, but it would be better if we meet in person so that we can even do a little show and tell.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus1981 View Post
    I don't have allot of time, but I would like to help with the little things since I am not a Linux expert but want to dive right in and learn to swim.

Also, I know we have been meeting through IRC, but it would be better if we meet in person so that we can even do a little show and tell.
    Welcome prometheus1981! Way long ago we discussed face to face meetings and the general consensus was that we're too spread out to do that on a regular basis. We have members in Asheville, Wilkesboro all the way to Wilmington, Fayetteville. To do an entire state meetup someone is going to do alot of driving.

Hopefully we can pull off some regional gatherings for Jaunty Launch parties.

I see you're in Clemmons, I'm in Winston, maybe you'd like to come by the Piedmont Linux Users Group meeting. This month is its 12 anniversary. See piedmontlinux.org for meeting location, ah it's not up to date on the next meeting but the location is correct.

-mark

Beans
    Distro

Hey "markthecarp" what part of winston are you from? I used to live in greensboro but move to winston a few days ago. it sucks I don't have internet yet so Im riding on my neighbors wifi signal with a "netgear" usb connector.
    *BUNTU addict
    Ubuntunerd's Blog
    Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
    Unanswered posts Team

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by UbuntuNerd View Post
    Hey "markthecarp" what part of winston are you from? I used to live in greensboro but move to winston a few days ago. it sucks I don't have internet yet so Im riding on my neighbors wifi signal with a "netgear" usb connector.
    Well Welcome to Winston U'Nerd I'm in the Old Town area but if you are new to Winston-Salem that's likely useless information. North out past Wake Forest U. Where are you? Hey at least you have some internet connection!

-mark

Beans
    Distro

I know winston very well because I work all around, I live right of Ebert rd by "heather Hills" and yes at least I can still get online Im thinking about doing it like this for a while or until I can't connect anymore but I don't see it happening b/c the signal is pretty strong.
    *BUNTU addict
    Ubuntunerd's Blog
    Unanswered posts Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast