Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: How To: Convert Windows Users to Ubuntu

Beans

Re: How To: Convert Windows Users to Ubuntu

Hello Sunewbie.

Of course I know all these advantages and include some of them in my message, but not too much, overwise eveybody will be scared by the complexity and run away.
    "I knew it is very complicated, you have to be Richard Stallman (or a bearded guru with long hair) to understand"
    Most people I have convinced to switch to Linux first heard a magic word "no virus".
    Later when the installation is running, I can explain all the other extra advantages.
    I am a member of a LUG in France; and I have noticed that when we talk about stability they don't understand, but talking viruses is the magic word.
    Cheers !

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I don't even try to "convert" anyone to Linux. They generally convert by themselves when they begin to search for alternatives, and that's only when Windows fails them badly enough and often enough (which is rare, frankly, in the late editions of Windows).

I started looking at Mac when Windows became slower and slower and less responsive. I was put off by the price, though all my Mac friends absolutely love their Macs and wouldn't change a thing - except the price, of course.

I just Googled "Windows, Mac, other?" and found the "other" that certainly has the right price tag and would probably work on my old computer. Asked my friend who ran Linux about it and boom, off to the races.

I inherited my friend's very old Dell with Xubuntu on it and it runs better than my newer box ran with WinXP when it was new! Now I'm a very enthusiastic Xubu fan, but people don't change unless they have a need and/or desire to change. I just want to be there for them, like my friend was for me, when my friends are looking at alternatives.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

back to sleep with this I think.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819