Thread: [SOLVED] VMWare install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

[SOLVED] VMWare install

I have been trying to install VMWare on 7.10. I cannot figure out how to do it. If any one could point me in the right direction on how to get started. I am trying to get to a fully native Ubuntu with XP running in Virtual box for things like itunes and office 2007.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: VMWare install

Where exactly are you getting hung up with the install?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I only installed VMWare Server on feisty (7.04), but all I had to do was go into Synaptic, checkmark VMWare Server, click Apply, and while that was downloading and installing I went to VMWare's website and registered for a free registration key. Than while Synaptic was installing VMWare server it asked for a key, I put that key I got from the website in, and all went well Hope that helps...

Oh and to get a Windows XP virtual machine, just have your cd drive mounted as the cd drive for your virtual machine, put your legit windows xp cd in your cdrom drive, and than boot your virtual machine and it will boot the cdrom drive and install windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I was getting stuck on installing the from the CLI, It wasn't 20 min after i posted that i found the code. i finally have it up and running i now having issues with USB pass through, everything else works. I'm not sure if i have over looked or miss configured it but when ever i have a USB device plugged in XP in VMware does not see it. I have been searching for this issue for the last 14 hours on and off but i haven't the foggiest idea on where to start