Thread: Opera all fugly after Gutsy install??

Beans

Opera all fugly after Gutsy install??

It appears to be using my GTK now all of a sudden for menus, and the top menu bar as you can see offers invisible text all of a sudden. I even moved out my .opera folder, letting it create a new one, but to no avail. Choosing Windows Native makes the whole thing fuglier and no appearance settings are making a difference, none that I've tried anyhow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Opera all fugly after Gutsy install??

Try using the repo version of Opera (they have one now, latest build, whoopee!)

Code:
    sudo apt-get install opera
    Gandhi once said: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
    So you want a separate /home partition?|Ubuntu World Map|Linux IS NOT Windows

Beans
    Hidden!

qt3-qtconfig might be the friend you need.

Beans

I removed it, reinstalled from repo, and installed qt3-qtconfig. Still the same
    "For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." - Joseph Dunninger

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Try a different GTK theme.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans

Red face Re: Opera all fugly after Gutsy install??

Quote Originally Posted by herbster View Post
    It appears to be using my GTK now all of a sudden for menus, and the top menu bar as you can see offers invisible text all of a sudden. I even moved out my .opera folder, letting it create a new one, but to no avail. Choosing Windows Native makes the whole thing fuglier and no appearance settings are making a difference, none that I've tried anyhow.
    My Opera looks pretty nice:

Opera 9.50(MeGuiDdo 1.4 Theme) in e17 Xubuntu 7.10 (e17 "Black Theme G", with Gentoo Logo)

I use e17 CVS in Xubuntu 7.10 with the e17 "Black Theme G"...I also use Opera 9.50 with the "MeGuiDdo 1.4" Opera Theme.

I suggest you upgrade your system to the e17 CVS, and upgrade Opera to Opera 9.50.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Hey, if I couldn't have my opera, I wouldn't use ubuntu. I have just made a full install of 7.10. Downloaded opera from add/remove. Found guidance to add flash and java. Put a ubuntu OS skin on it. Best opera yet. I am loving this experience. I had some probs with things but overall a little web searching garnered the answers. Did not need the terminal very much. This is great. This post written in opera 9.24 and spell checked with aspell. Lovein' it.

Beans

Red face Re: Opera all fugly after Gutsy install??

Quote Originally Posted by miwaypet View Post
    Hey, if I couldn't have my opera, I wouldn't use ubuntu. I have just made a full install of 7.10. Downloaded opera from add/remove. Found guidance to add flash and java. Put a ubuntu OS skin on it. Best opera yet. I am loving this experience. I had some probs with things but overall a little web searching garnered the answers. Did not need the terminal very much. This is great. This post written in opera 9.24 and spell checked with aspell. Lovein' it.
    You really should try Opera 9.50

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I had this problem before: http://weichen.wordpress.com/2006/12...-color-scheme/

maybe yours is the same