Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mysql problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: mysql problem

Thanks for the info.My new Myth install can not connect to the database,so to make a long story short I changed mythdatabase default password during install and thought maybe that was why backend could not connect to database.I wrote down mysql password and could not find it after changing password in backend set-up.So now password is back to default and backend still can not connect to database.

Now that I look like a jabbering idiot does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 Laptop with Hardy 32bit.Yes it has ATI chipset and yes suspend works

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

check out that link I posted a few back to the mysql documentation. It's got instructions on how to reset your password.

Depending on how you installed mythbuntu (as a standalone from the .iso or just the mmc panel on an existing setup) you may still have the default mysql accounts there and active.
    So you might be able to get away with installing phpmyadmin
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
    logging on with the a name of 'root' and no password and modifying the users table accordingly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

The password problem has been fixed.phpmyadmin was of no help.I installed mythtv from the repos on a fresh gusty 32bit.If I purge mysql and mythtv and reinstall will that work or will there be a config file left behind that make new install have the same problems?Still kinda new to all of this and have not run into this problem before. I had myth running on previous fiesty install,the only problem I had on that install was getting the remote to work.Thanks again for the help
    Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 Laptop with Hardy 32bit.Yes it has ATI chipset and yes suspend works

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The password problem has been fixed
    alright.

I installed mythtv from the repos on a fresh gusty 32bit.
    If you're doing a fresh install the best thing would be to use a mythbuntu .iso proper. http://mythbuntu.org
    instead of messing around with the package installs. The install wizard for mythbuntu couldn't be easier.

If I purge mysql and mythtv and reinstall will that work or will there be a config file left behind that make new install have the same problems?
    The mysql server stores its users in a mysql table. This table is written or destroyed during an install or removal.
    So, if you're just doing a default mysql installation, then no; no config file is left.
    As for mythtv, you know where the mysql password for it is located (/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt) and that's just paired with whatever account you manually create in mysql for mythtv after the reinstall.
    But I would recommend the mythbuntu iso. It totally streamlines and simplifies the installation.
    hth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I found this in services and I am not sure if I should have 3 listing for mysql or not.Still learing about mysql which leads me to think there should only be 1 listing which might be part of my problem maybe?

Database server (mysql)
    Database server (mysql-ndb)
    Database server (mysql-nbd-mgm)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12