Thread: weird looking website mockup.

Beans

weird looking website mockup.

see title.
    Mockup for possible website on our server. Looks kinda weird, IMO. I'm still kinda thinking about other ideas. I might make another mockup with a completely different stylistic direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: weird looking website mockup.

Its Dark.
    -AKA SlickMcRunfast
    LXGC Game Night every Sunday. | AZLOCO

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Hey guys! I'm new to the team, just joined last week and Lo and Behold I missed the first meeting! So, I saw this post and figured I could be of some use to you guys. I'll give a little history of myself and consider it my intro to the forums:
    City: Goodyear
    Job: Web-dude at a Government Contractor. (Also do web stuff on the side)

I run a Lan party a couple times a year called Lannage (http://www.lannage.com) and my PC repair/Web design business is Cypheye (sci-fi) (http://www.cypheye.com). You can check out other designs I've done on the Web design link on cypheye. The images are old, but links will go to live pages.

At work I deal primarily with Java and the like, but at home I stick with PHP. I consider myself moderately proficient with PHP and Java as well as MySQL. Of course, with those, I'll use CSS and javascript to shape my sites as necessary.

I've been using Ubuntu for probably about a year. I've used Linux and Unix in who knows how many flavors for the past 8 or so years.

Well, I'm actually at work now, but when I get home I'll see what I can throw together and I'll post it up. I look forward to being an active member of the group!

Beans

Yeah, if you have a good design, go for it. Attached to this post is our 'logo' in case you want to use it. Also attached is a more informal thing that probably doesn't fit official logo requirements. (SVGs openable with inkscape. You may also need the official ubuntu font from the repos.)

I look forward to seeing a great design from you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Here's try #1... We'll call it Design-Phase-Alpha

Beans

A good start. Much better than my first design.
    I've put some comments on the attached image.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thanks for the constructive comments. I'll see what I can do about maybe doing a cactus or occotillo type thing out the side instead of the vines. After sleeping on it and looking at the design again, I'm thinking the AZ logo would look nice centered at the bottom with no text over it. And the Ubuntu Tux was kinda a last minute throw in. It looked like I needed something in the corner. What would you think about the vectorized tux: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tux-simple.svg ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by enigmastrat View Post
    Thanks for the constructive comments. I'll see what I can do about maybe doing a cactus or occotillo type thing out the side instead of the vines. After sleeping on it and looking at the design again, I'm thinking the AZ logo would look nice centered at the bottom with no text over it. And the Ubuntu Tux was kinda a last minute throw in. It looked like I needed something in the corner. What would you think about the vectorized tux: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tux-simple.svg ?
    enigmastrat,

I'm impressed. You do nice work, and I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

BTW, I see you read Terry Pratchett. Heh heh.

Beans

Maybe vectorized Tux with a Cowboy hat and Bolo tie? That would be kinda funny and cute. If I have some free time, I'll try making one.