Thread: Howdy Folks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Howdy Folks

I recently signed up for the Indiana Team-US and wanted to say HEY!

I've been using Ubuntu since Warty, and have to say that I am impressed with the progress... I mean... irregardless of the issues with the new release (especially with laptops) Gutsy will knock your socks off with features and usability compared to the earlier releases.. All of this for FREE... I just grin ear to ear every time I boot into my Ubuntu LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to join up and post here so I didn't feel like such an interloper when I show up tonight at the Gutsy Party...

Hoping to meet some new people, become involved in spreading Ubuntu, and have some fun learning new things.

See Ya tonight....
    John

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Howdy Folks

Quote Originally Posted by arpanaut View Post
    See Ya tonight....
    Well? Some of us are waiting on a recap of the evening's festivities.

<tapping my fingers on the desk>

All kidding aside, I hope you had a good turnout and a even better evening.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

"<tapping my fingers on the desk>"

Sorry Man! hehe.....
    Didn't get a chance to even sit down at the 'puter 'till 8PM tonight and been watching baseball & football and contemplating enabling the Hardy repos on a spare partition: I'm a glutton for punishment

Party was great, it was a pleassure meeting some fellow Ubuntunites for the first time. A couple of laptops running Gutsy showed up and everybody got a look-see, Good Vibes, good conversation, a few of which about codeing and application development that went WAY over my head but was great lisening to peeps who knew what they were doing.

Got some good swag, (Tee-shirts, and case badges) but what really struck me was everybody had this smile on their face and a demeanor of.... knowing something that everybody else didn't. i.e. Ubuntu and this community thing is something special.

I mean... can you imagine a bunch of windows users getting together and talking about their OS and it NOT having it break into being a bitching, whining and moaning fest about what a pain ti is to maintain their systems... Not at this get together, everybody was excited and positive about what was going on with Ubuntu, and the future is NOW!

All and alll I had a good time and came away with a very positive feeling.

NEXT TIME!
    Be There or Be Square....... DUDE

@Mike54: Drop me PM with your mailing address and I'll split my take of case badges with you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by arpanaut View Post
    NEXT TIME!
    Be There or Be Square....... DUDE
    If a plan to party hearty for Hardy comes about, I'll make sure to plan for it.

@Mike54: Drop me PM with your mailing address and I'll split my take of case badges with you.
    How could I turn down such a generous offer? Many thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I 'decorated' both boxes last evening. Thanks again for your generosity!