Thread: Ubuntu-Rescue-Remix 7.10 is out! And it simply rocks!

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu-Rescue-Remix 7.10 is out! And it simply rocks!

7.10 is the fastest and most stable release yet.

Formerly known as Rescubuntu, the Rescue-Remix is a data-recovery toolkit. It includes all the command-line goodness you need to recover lost/deleted/corrupted data from an otherwise hopeless situation.

Get it here:
    http://www.ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/

Join the crickets, I mean join the development discussion here:
    http://www.ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/forum
    Any and all help is appreciated.

As well, discuss data recovery techniques or ask for data recovery help here:
    http://ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/forum/1
    or just ask here on the ubutuforums...

About the Rescue-Remix:
    Ubuntu Rescue Remix is a GNU/Linux live cd that provides the data recovery expert with a command-line interface environment equipped
    with the best free-libre, open source data recovery and forensics tools available.

Since Ubuntu uses many filesystem and hardware detection libraries in its live cd, it makes sense to make a remix of the live cd for data recovery use.
    Last edited by az; October 20th, 2007 at 03:17 PM.
    I lost a "z". Anyone seen it around here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Ubuntu-Rescue-Remix 7.10 is out! And it simply rocks!

Creekcgi: No one is going to use the product you spam on forums, especially forums for the WRONG OS.

P.S. Downloading Rescue-Remix now, keep meaning to get a rescue disc and this might as well be tested out.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by shad0w_walker View Post
    Creekcgi: No one is going to use the product you spam on forums, especially forums for the WRONG OS.
    ... I assume another post was sent to the jail because of spam. Just curious, was it about another data recovery tool? Because if anyone wants to compare other data recovery tools with the Rescue-Remix, go ahead. It is what it is. It may not be suited for the person who is not used to the command-line, but once you get past that, you will find that it is just as powerful as any other data recovery application or suite of applications out there.

And the Rescue Remix is OS-agnostic. It works on just about any filesystem that is used today.

It probably would cost a few thousand dollars to buy software that does the equivalent job for a windows machine.

...If it had nothing to do with data recovery, never mind....
    I lost a "z". Anyone seen it around here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It was a post from some guy with a post count of 1. It basically linked straight to a Windows ONLY product and said i use this, its better. No arguement or comparison, painful spam.
    Last edited by shad0w_walker; October 24th, 2007 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Typo.