Thread: Gutsy: Enemy Territory -Quake Wars ETQW Demo Linux Port, SOOO STOKED!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Gutsy: Enemy Territory -Quake Wars ETQW Demo Linux Port, SOOO STOKED!!!

Ok guys. with the coming of Gutsy I have been gearing up for the last 2 weeks to completely wipe Vista off my harddrive. One of the things that has held me back in the past was decent gaming, instead of waiting around I decided to bite the bullet and do without.

However just over the past few days here on the forums I have read about the ETQW port being available but also seen no real praise with anyone that had anything to say mentioning about frame drops etc.

In light of my gaming experience I had just now I feel totally compelled to tell the world! Well at least the Linux Ubuntu Gaming Community that it is amazing!

Running on my Lappy It's just brilliant, I have full compiz effects enabled (by installing the last 2 packages they missed out in Gutsy) while playing. Settings as follows:

All 4 texture settings maxed, full bump mapping, AF x16 etc..

Lighting = Normal
    Foliage = Normal
    Terrain = High
    Debris/Weather = High
    Shader Effects = High
    Effects Level = High
    Shader Level = Medium
    AA off
    @ 1440x900

Truth be told I can't test the FPS, does anyone know how??? but it is about 35-37 frames, on Windows I could only achieve 30-32FPS at the same settings, it noticeably runs smoother on Gutsy! had I still been using the HP shipped driver on Windows it would have only been getting 25FPS... But get this, it loads considerably faster!

This marks one massive step ahead in my books,

THANK YOU SO MUCH UBUNTU TEAM!!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH iD!!!
    Last edited by BoardDWorld; October 19th, 2007 at 09:19 PM.
    System: HP DV9224TX Laptop
    CPU: Core2Duo T5600 1.82GHz / RAM: 2048MB DDR2 667MHz
    HD: 240GB SATA (2x 120GB) / VGA: nVidia Gforce 7600 1024MB (512 Dedicated/512 Shared)