View Poll Results: What was your gutsy install/upgrade experience ?

Voters
5479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade - worked flawlessly

566 10.33%
  • Upgrade - worked but had few things to solve

1,136 20.73%
  • Upgrade - got many problems that i've not been able to solve

928 16.94%
  • Install - worked flawlessly

639 11.66%
  • Install - worked but had few things to solve

1,274 23.25%
  • Install - got many problems that i've not been able to solve

936 17.08%
Page 125 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1756

Thread: Share with the community your gutsy install/upgrade experience

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Share with the community your gutsy install/upgrade experience

Went from feisty -> gutsy, Took about 2 hours 30 minutes.
    We are building the future, and the future is called Ubuntu

Beans

I am a complete newb to Linux. I have installed gutsy on three hard drives now. The only problem that I have encountered was when I wanted to remove Vista from my laptop and replace it with Ubuntu. It was a complete pain in the butt. I really like what I have seen thus far and can totally see myself moving away from windows. Thanks very much for the great OS.

Beans

Getting emasks error on either the live CD or alternate installer. I've tried 3 different cables, 3 different CDROM drives, burnt the CD's on 3 different burners, used 5 different types of media; NADA...

I can however install Edgy just fine. SO..... I am forced to install Edgy, run update to Feisty, and run update to Gutsy. Cool that that's an option, but sad that I have to do it like that. Takes forEVA.

Seriously, I would have thought this would have been fixed by now. I had the same problem either any install CD with Feisty.

Nothing special on my system config. Old SIS IDE chipset (630 I think), 1.4ghz PIII, onboard SIS video.

If you can't get this fixed guys, it's a big deal; as much as I like the distro, if I need to reinstall and have to go through this again, I won't be back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Smile Re: Share with the community your gutsy install/upgrade experience

Hi Everyone...I´m new to Linux but have been using Dos, OS/2 and ******* since um...well you know, a long time.

Ubuntu...what a kick *** OS. I absolutely love it!

About a month ago I downloaded and installed Gutsy into my (wait for it) PII 533 celeron machine with 128 MB RAM - 40GB HD - Matrox G200 Vid - ABIT 440BX MOBO. (had this for ten years)
    Yeah OK you can stop laughing now. The install (Alternate CD) went flawlessly... ******* boot speed, but flawlessly.
    Played with that for a couple of weeks, but after reading all the posts about Compiz I knew it was time to Upgrade.

Gutsy is now warm and cosy inside my new HP Pavilion a6260a.
    Many many thanks to everyone here, yep I read read read and read, then when I´m done reading... I read.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10 as instructed on the web site and everything seems to work except the wireless card. The card is a Linksys WPC11 ver 4 and when I try to activate it the system crashes and the caps lock and scroll lock lights start flashing. Any ideas? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Smile Re: Share with the community your gutsy install/upgrade experience

Hi,
    I did the step up twice and all worked fine.
    "Twice" means, I upgraded all the way from Dapper -> E. -> F.-> Gutsy in one night in one of the partition and I was so happy of the result (installing the restricted driver for the Wlan card and ATI card) that I decided to wipe out everything and install a fresh Gutsy from CD.

Gutsy is running now on both my desktop and laptop.

In particular thanks to wine I am now using Ubuntu 90% of the time. (1st time in 10 years)
    I hope to switch completely when I will have solved :

- my Wammu-Nokia 5300 issue
    - an annoying spreadsheet Openoffice limitation.
    - suspend/resume problem

Thanks to all Ubuntu and Debian crew and Forum members.

Palmer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Something is broke. I have used Ubuntu since Breezy. My printer always was found the correct driver(s) installed and the printer PRINTED.

On a clean install on a bare metal drive, Gutsy cannot set the printer up. Oh yea, sure, all the icons, settings, config data . . . everything to do with printing was there and the printer should have worked as it always has in the past.

I came to the Forums Search box and searched the keywords gutsy printer. that search returned 131 posts. About 15 of them appeared promsing. Of those, 2 only had relevant information and neither of those two worked.

What the hell happened? When will this be fixed? And how on earth am I to know what to do?

I'm a "guardian and conservator" of a relative. If I can't print, I can get in legal hot-water. I suppose I will be emailing docs to friends for support, but this issue is unacceptable. It needs priority fixing as I know I'm not the only user with this problem.

Thanks, community.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans
    Hidden!

7.06->7.10
    X60 Lenovo laptop
    1) NetworkManager is working fine, according to the logs, processes, etc, but I can't connect to wireless networks and the toolbar icon is gone.
    2) When connected to a desktop monitor, the screen resolution sometimes goes to the lowest possible. sudo killall gdm; sudo gdm resolves the issue.
    3) Sometimes at startup, I get a high pitched squeal from the speakers. restarting gdm fixes this, usually.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Well, it installed. Only the rt73 wireless driver is still buggy, and the seamonkey one wouldn't work. This meant that I could only get connected to the internet 20 minutes at a time between restarts, which in turn meant I couldn't really test other aspects of the system.

Basically I ran back to Feisty squealing like a little girl from the train wreck that was Gutsy + my PC.

edit: I should point out that, apart from having to compile the seamonkey rt73 driver myself, feisty works 'out the box'. Gutsy...really didn't.

Beans

So far I have been unable to install

Page 125 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast