Thread: CrossOver Linux Professional (or WINE) on ps3

Beans

CrossOver Linux Professional (or WINE) on ps3

I have a question about ubuntu on ps3 (again) and i'm not even sure if i'm putting this in the right subject (yet again & if i'm not, can someone please point me to the right direction) but my question is, can ubuntu on the ps3 run CrossOver Linux Professional or WINE? It'll be awesome if that can be done, but i want to know if it will work. does anybody know for sure?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: CrossOver Linux Professional (or WINE) on ps3

I don't know for sure, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. Both of them are just a compatibility layer that allow Windows executables to run in the Linux environment. Its not like the hardware it is being used on actually matters that much. That being said, it is possible that what you try to use Wine or CrossOver to run might have problems with the hardware, depending on the type of application.

Linux User #355330 | Ubuntu User #15618 | Last.FM

Beans

yeah, i'm sure that might be a factor but i think it's all with the processor whether it's suitable for most windows applications to run comfortably and if the ram is also enough to support other apps or (what my intentions were if it worked) windows games such as halo and the orange box. man that'll be great if it worked!

Beans

Ok, i just tested it and it doesn't work. the ps3 uses a power pc processor and crossover only works on intel processors.