Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 CDs covers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 CDs covers

It's quite good, but the Ubuntu logo needs to be more visible.
    Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD Turion64x2 1.6GHz, 1.5GB DDR2, Ati Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory, 80GB HDD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey Guys,

I searched but did not find this thread initially, then a little mouse gave me a link after starting a new thread....oh well.

Here is my donation to the CD cover art work. The images are a little small, only 700x700, but I intended these to be used with direct CD printing. (such as HP and Epson style photo printers that dont need to be connected to a PC) I tested these on my Epson PHOTO R300 and the size and file type worked well. I created these using gimp so if anyone wants the layers let me know. Also, please feel free to add suggestions.

-ARhere
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ARhere; November 25th, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is another one for Edubuntu. I would like an opinion, but I am starting tho think this thread has slipped too far down the time line.
    Actors make their living playing pretend, so why do we listen to them about how we should live in the real world?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by ARhere View Post
    Hey Guys,

I searched but did not find this thread initially, then a little mouse gave me a link after starting a new thread....oh well.

Here is my donation to the CD cover art work. The images are a little small, only 700x700, but I intended these to be used with direct CD printing. (such as HP and Epson style photo printers that dont need to be connected to a PC) I tested these on my Epson PHOTO R300 and the size and file type worked well. I created these using gimp so if anyone wants the layers let me know. Also, please feel free to add suggestions.

-ARhere
    Wow, those are really nice, I really like the 2nd one. Thanks.
    XVII on irc.freenode.net | Openbox | XVII on Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by ARhere View Post
    This is another one for Edubuntu. I would like an opinion, but I am starting tho think this thread has slipped too far down the time line.
    I like it. The only thing I would suggest if you asked me for suggestions would be to make the child's drawing look less like it was just a drawing scanned in and extracted from a background. If you're comfortable with vector art, I'd suggest playing around with the image and stylizing it a bit to match up with the rest of the label. You could actually just vectorize the outlines and leave the coloring as is, reminiscent of a coloring book.

(There is also a slight white outline around the little round Tux, but depending on where you got that image from, there's might not be much you can do about it)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Arrow Re: Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 CDs covers

Much brighter than the other contributions, hopefully not too overpowering though. If anyone wants the GIMP .xcf file, I'll email it - too big to attach (2.7 MB)

Your CD says "7.04" and this thread is for "7.10". Can you fix it please? Otherwise, it is a very nice CD! I like it better then mine! heheh
    Edit: added gutsy 7.10 version of the cover
    Last edited by whiteraven; December 5th, 2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Edit: added gutsy 7.10 version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfric5578 View Post
    (There is also a slight white outline around the little round Tux, but depending on where you got that image from, there's might not be much you can do about it)
    Your right, sorry. The Edubuntu version was done in haste as I had a class that wanted a CD and I was trying to finish it in a hurry. I can fix the white line and the offset on the child drawing. I am thinking about using the TUX (second CD art) for my new Edubuntu as that was my daughters favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
    Much brighter than the other contributions, hopefully not too overpowering though. If anyone wants the GIMP .xcf file, I'll email it - too big to attach
    Your CD says "7.04" and this thread is for "7.10". Can you fix it please? Otherwise, it is a very nice CD! I like it better then mine! heheh

*Also, I really wanted to use the graphics I saw one, of three children holding hands in a circle, but I could not find a high resolution version that I could use. Does anyone have that as it would be the BEST for Edubuntu!

-AR
    Last edited by ARhere; December 5th, 2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Forgot request

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

@ ARhere - Glad you like it! I overlooked the 7.10 requirement in the thread title, and the GIMP .XCF file has the text for 7.10 built in if anyone wants to modify the graphic to suit their preferences. I did however post a PNG version in the previous post via an edit in case folks don't use GIMP.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I did not find this thread until now and I didn't find the latest Kubuntu CD/DVD label and jacket artwork, so I made some. Available in source (GIMP and SVG) for editing. Languages in different layers. Ready to print and use. I'm going to try to get this uploaded to more visible locations like the DIYMarketing site too.

http://freephile.com/cms/node/7

Beans

Smile Re: Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 CDs covers

this is great cd covers well here is the link to use them in GIMP

http://ubuntufs.wordpress.com/2006/06/09/51/

be for-warned that some lables may be trouble some and need work around so be sure to post them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast