Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Whoo Hoo!!* : Unreal Tournament 3!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking *Whoo Hoo!!* : Unreal Tournament 3!!!

Yey!
    UT3 is almost here, the windows demo is out & awesome (although i'm gonna need a cpu upgrade to max the settings out).

I'm really gutted that the linux installer has been pulled from the disc at the last minute and will now be available for download 'in the near future'. They've said that by the time the game releases they should have finished the linux installer and made it available online, but imo: that sucks! I wanted to buy the collectors edition and have the installer already there. Plus in 5 years time when I wanna play a bit of UT3 (and trust me i will! i love playing my old games) i don't have to go fishing online for an installer!!!

I've also heard that the performance on linux won't be as good as windows

Having said all that the game so far, looks amazing- and I'm still REALLY happy there will be a native linux version even if we may have to wait a bit for it!

What do you guys think?
    don't click below....
    http://www.rocketware.co

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: *Whoo Hoo!!* : Unreal Tournament 3!!!

Well, I already made my decision and went with quake wars. Of course, if that doesnt work out, I can always pick up ut3 as well. It looks like a great game though, and I loved ut2004. Im a little worried about the system specs though, looks like it takes a pretty good rig to run it right.

Good time for linux gaming though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I've also heard that the performance on linux won't be as good as windows
    Source?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Illidan View Post
    Source?
    I've seen so many UT3 sites recently I can't find the one where they were discussing it. Although this isn't directly UT3 related there are various articles here benchmarking graphics cards on windows vs Linux and windows always comes up trumps :

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=860&num=1

I also heard that windows may not support openGL and just the max & linux version will?
    don't click below....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Naegling23 View Post
    Well, I already made my decision and went with quake wars. Of course, if that doesnt work out, I can always pick up ut3 as well. It looks like a great game though, and I loved ut2004. Im a little worried about the system specs though, looks like it takes a pretty good rig to run it right.

Good time for linux gaming though.
    It scales down really well so you can run this game on a really rubbish computer! it just looks pretty awful on a low spec machine, you'll still get good fps though. I have 1.5ghz AMD7, and nvidia 7800 and its playable, I really want to get myself a dual/quad core processor & new PCI-Express card!!!
    don't click below....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

apparently it's gone gold already so i hope the gold edition comes with the Linux installed on the dvd!
    don't click below....

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyxx View Post
    I have 1.5ghz AMD7, and nvidia 7800 and its playable, I really want to get myself a dual/quad core processor & new PCI-Express card!!!
    I have a 1.9GHz AMD AM2 Athlon 64 X2 and a nvidia 7900 and it runs perfectly on full settings in the demo for me. I'm using 1280x1024. I hear that the full game will have a higher setting that the ones included in the demo though.
    Currently favorite songs:
    Miss Hyde, This Song Is About Monsters, Masagin, I Will Try to Blow it Out, La Resistance
    Visit www.cherrypeel.com for more free indie music =)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyxx View Post
    apparently it's gone gold already so i hope the gold edition comes with the Linux installed on the dvd!
    Then you can stop being excited... unlike UT2K3/2k4, there will be no Linux client in the box, at least not for the first release:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=580360

Hardly surprising. We haven't even gotten a Linux demo yet and the game's been gold for a while.

EDIT: I'm such a party pooper.

Beans

Another reliable source for specific things to the UT3 client is at icculus UT3 maillist.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Question Re: *Whoo Hoo!!* : Unreal Tournament 3!!!

Anyone heard where a Linux beta is/will be available?? I'll have my DVD by next week-----
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast