Page 53 of 255 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Beans

Red face Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

After doing that...how do i launch the game cause when i click the world of warcraft icon it opens in the wine window...

Beans

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Quote Originally Posted by nealmohanp View Post
    After doing that...how do i launch the game cause when i click the world of warcraft icon it opens in the wine window...
    Not sure I understand what you mean.

Beans

Smile Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

I figured out how to launch the game in another xserver...but...the fps is still the same...im gonna try using edgy casue i used to get good fps there ill post my reults here...

Beans

Angry Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

ok...i installed in d3d it goes 100%loaded then becomes a black screen and in OpenGL it loads to about 60% then freezes for a sec and the client closes...any ideas on how to fix it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by nealmohanp View Post
    ok...i installed in d3d it goes 100%loaded then becomes a black screen and in OpenGL it loads to about 60% then freezes for a sec and the client closes...any ideas on how to fix it...
    First, are you using an NVIDIA card? If so, update to newest NVIDIA drivers and/or get my 0002-D3D-WoW-Nvidia-fix.txt patch from here.

Anonii is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Right now, with every tweak I found enabled [except the seperate display one which just gave me a blank black screen and I had to reboot forcefully to exit (ctrl+alt+bksc, wouldn't work. neither would ctrl+alt+FX)] I'm getting 15~FPS with everything to the lowest, in the Video Options. If I use the same Video Options I was using with Windows, I'm getting 8~FPS (totally unplayable) (In Windows I was getting 20-30FPS with that configuration.).
    I'm using an ATI 9600XT with the fglrx driver, and that's probably why I'm having this problem.

Anyone with the same video card that gets a better performance?

Beans

Smile Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

I somehow got it up and running...it works in d3d with the icons all messed up and opengl is same result as before. And about updating my video card driver for nvidia i installed the driver using automatix...so wouldnt it install the latest one?

EDIT: where do i put the .txt file...i also switched back to fiesty...
    Last edited by nealmohanp; June 21st, 2007 at 12:13 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

wow i meen WoW just to let you know that the new wine the double mouse is gone under d3d it now has an ugly WoW cursor and i meen ugly as it its not 3d but shadded 2d eww

Beans

Thanks a lot Sammi, great guide.

After I followed it all, I find myself loving ubuntu and wow on wine. I have but one question: how can I make "alt-click" to work in WoW? I have the postal addon, but I can't use it to its full potential because I can't use alt-click on the game. Any ideas?

I posted before on this forum with a more complete description of the problem, but it seems no one has a solution for it. Had to bump it a few times. Just did again in case someone sees it. But I thought I would post here in case someone else is/was having the same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Awesome guide Sammi! I'm playing WoW right now because of you! *hug*

Page 53 of 255 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast