Page 5 of 255 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Thanks! I found it.

I found the WTF directory, but it was empty, so I used gedit to make a Config.WTF file, and copied and pasted the three SET commands into it. I now have sound!!!!

Now I have a whole new problem.

When I try to sign on, it says "Unable to apply patch" and won't let me do anything.
    I completely reinstalled when I was trying to fix the sound, and I think I probably messed something up by doing that. Any ideas?

I fixed it!

I just had to manually download an older version of the patch, and then run it in wine. Then WoW just automatically updated from there.
    Last edited by MsTiggy; January 12th, 2007 at 04:47 AM. Reason: fixed problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

ok, I have issues, I did everything in the how to, I have the latest ATI drivers for my radeo 9250, I am running a AMD64x2 3800 1gb ram. But I installed wine, and copied WoW from my win2k partition, and the dll files. When I go to run WoW in wine, it doesn't even start the program, and gives me this output.

geo@blackpearl:~$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/World\ of\ Warcraft/WoW.exe
    err:secur32:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.24 is in your path.
    fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 112 (SPI_GETMOUSESPEED)
    fixmeowrprofllMain (0x7de40000, 1, (nil)) not fully implemented
    fixme:ntdll:NtPowerInformation Unimplemented NtPowerInformation action: 11
    fixmeowrprofllMain (0x7de40000, 0, (nil)) not fully implemented
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33edd4,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_GetDeviceCaps Caps support for directx9 is nonexistent at the moment!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f33c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f5dc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f5dc,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 113 (SPI_SETMOUSESPEED)
    err:wgl:get_fbconfig_from_visualid No fbconfig found for Wine's main visual (0x23), expect problems!
    err:wgl:init_formats Can't get the FBCONFIG_ID for the main visual, expect problems!
    err:wgl:ConvertPixelFormatWGLtoGLX invalid iPixelFormat 0
    err:wgl:get_fbconfig_from_visualid No fbconfig found for Wine's main visual (0x23), expect problems!
    err:wgl:init_formats Can't get the FBCONFIG_ID for the main visual, expect problems!
    err:wgl:ConvertPixelFormatWGLtoGLX invalid iPixelFormat 1
    err:wgl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat Can't find a matching FBCONFIG_ID for VISUAL_ID 0x23!
    fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 113 (SPI_SETMOUSESPEED)
    err:wgl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat Can't find a matching FBCONFIG_ID for VISUAL_ID 0x23!

any help would be appreciated!

Beans

try commenting that line (or little section) out from that .sh file . Look around in forums and search for "dash" there was something that you had to change in the file to get it running under the true bash. In edgy they changed the bash to dash..look:
    www.unreadedpost.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I've followed all the instuctions, but everytime i play WoW it works for ~5 minutes or so and then it locks up my computer. the error says something about pixel errors but i have all the shaders turned off in game.

I'm using edgy, wine version 9.29, video card is ati xpress 1100, direct rendering is working, any thoughts on how to fix this?

i managed to catch the error before it locked up.

Code:
    Last edited by shadylookin; January 13th, 2007 at 03:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I have had WoW working fine following the instructions here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft
    and its been going just fine for the last couple weeks except today, there was a hotfix or something and it had an error patching so I used their repair tool, got the hotfix to install, but then all my settings were reset.

So then, I went back and changed the SET gxApi "OpenGl" to SET gxApi "d3d" to change the video settings without the game crashing, but it's still crashing anyways.

I know this worked before so not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Beans

I too am unable to set video options. In OpenGL it crashes when I hit Okay on the video options screen, in D3D it crashes a couple seconds after I'm logged in.

Beans

Hi

I followed this guide and installed WoW and it worked perfectly when i had a ATI card. Now I have changed to BFG GeForce 7800GS OC 256MB DVi / TV-Out (AGP). It installs correctly and I can patch it to the newest but when i start it, the "background" is gone and it flickers. When I log in I cant see a thing except for the menus. I turn off the Full-Screen Glow Effect in video and I can see but it still flickers. I think my nVidia drivers are right installed, but I don't know.
    I have also tried to run it in D3D but it just crash when i start.

Here is the Config.WTF file

SET gxApi "OpenGL"
    SET SoundOutputSystem "1"
    SET SoundBufferSize "100"
    SET gxColorBits "24"
    SET gxDepthBits "24"
    SET gxResolution "1280x1024"
    SET hwDetect "0"
    SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
    SET fullAlpha "1"
    SET lodDist "100.000000"
    SET SmallCull "0.040000"
    SET DistCull "500.000000"
    SET trilinear "1"
    SET frillDensity "32"
    SET farclip "477"
    SET specular "1"
    SET pixelShaders "1"
    SET particleDensity "1.000000"
    SET unitDrawDist "300.000000"
    SET movie "0"
    SET readTOS "1"
    SET readEULA "1"
    SET realmList "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com"
    SET readScanning "-1"
    SET readContest "-1"
    SET gxMultisample "1"
    SET soundMaxHardwareChannels "12"
    SET locale "enGB"
    SET gxCursor "0"
    SET Gamma "1.000000"
    SET lastCharacterIndex "1"
    SET MusicVolume "0.40000000596046"
    SET SoundVolume "1"
    SET MasterVolume "1"
    SET ffxGlow "0"
    SET realmName "Magtheridon"
    SET gameTip "3"
    SET AmbienceVolume "0.60000002384186"
    SET uiScale "1"

plz help if anyone knows the problem

Beans

Hey guys,

Not a huge issue but I am noticing that not all my sound effects are playing in WoW. Mainly the sound effects that accompany a spell being cast or a profession such as the mining sound or the skinning sound. It really is pretty inconsistent and most of the time the sounds play fine. like I said not a big deal. anyone else notice this?

Ill post more about my setup if i'm not the only one with this issue.

thanks

Beans

Thanks for this thread & the how too guide, I will be installing WOW in the near future once I get all the other stuff working correctly

zdotz, it must be your setup. WoW runs pretty damn fine just as it does in Windows (a frame rate loss of 50% but hey, it works xD)

Page 5 of 255 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast