Page 253 of 255 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2544

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

  1. #2521
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Beans
    251
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    Hey, I might possibly have this licked. Apparenlyt I did something to X? I don't know what that is. It took me all evening but I got that fixed, reinstalled the drivers, and I can't launch the game the usual way but I can through the terminal... sort of. I got the trailer, and the login screen, but then I got "connecting" for like 5 minutes and gave up after trying twice. My account is suspended anyway as of the 15th.

    BUT, then I tried launching it again from the terminal. I got this:

    Code:
    anna@anna-desktop:~$  wine "/home/anna/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Wow.exe" -opengl
    fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32ed40,0x00000000), stub!
    X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
      Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
      Serial number of failed request:  236
      Current serial number in output stream:  236
    anna@anna-desktop:~
    It looks like the driver went wrong again. I don't understand. Previously I could fix that by reinstalling from synaptic, but this time I can't. I don't know what else to try.

    Code:
    anna@anna-desktop:~$ glxinfo | grep rendering
    X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
      Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
      Serial number of failed request:  20
      Current serial number in output stream:  20
    anna@anna-desktop:~$
    Last edited by Crossbow; February 18th, 2013 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Bad Drawable?

  2. #2522
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Beans
    251
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    First thing I checked today was the rendering, which was working. Then I tried to launch the game, then the launcher. No luck. Then I checked the rendering and got this again:

    anna@anna-desktop:~$ glxinfo | grep rendering
    X Error of failed request: GLXBadDrawable
    Major opcode of failed request: 135 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
    Serial number of failed request: 20
    Current serial number in output stream: 20

    I don't get it. Can it turn itslef off? Am I doing something to it? Here is the error from trying the launcher.

    Code:
    anna@anna-desktop:~$  wine "/home/anna/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/\Launcher.exe" -opengl
    fixme:ieframe:PersistStreamInit_Load (0x1fd2c8)->(0x32e4c4)
    fixme:ieframe:OleControl_FreezeEvents (0x1fd2c8)->(1)
    fixme:ieframe:OleControl_FreezeEvents (0x1fd2c8)->(0)
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x8637d8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x8637b8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x863428): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x1fdaf8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 60000
    fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 60000
    fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x1c5e8e0, overlapped 0x1c5e8ec): stub
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus (0x1fd37c)->((null) 1 0x32dcd4 (nil))
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus command_0: 27, 0x0
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 37 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
    fixme:mshtml:nsHttpChannelInternal_SetDocumentURI (0xb25c38)->()
    fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x1fd37c)->(0x32dce4)
    fixme:ieframe:DocObjectService_IsErrorUrl 0x212dd8 L"http://launcher.worldofwarcraft.com/" 0x32d990
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000004c at address 0x43d613 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10004
    err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10035
    I noticed this:

    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000004c at address 0x43d613 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    err:wininetpen_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10004
    err:wininetpen_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10035

    So am I having both a Wine problem and an Nvidia problem?

    ETA:

    Code:
    anna@anna-desktop:~$ nvidia-settings
    The program 'nvidia-settings' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'GLXBadDrawable'.
      (Details: serial 260 error_code 146 request_code 135 minor_code 5)
      (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
       that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
       To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
       option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
       backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
    anna@anna-desktop:~$
    I don't really know what that means. There is a bug in Nvidia?
    Last edited by Crossbow; February 18th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

  3. #2523
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Beans
    339
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    For the "GLXBadDrawable" error, upgrade your nvidia drivers to 304.x.x or higher series. The 173.x.x drivers are ment for the ancient Geforce 5 chips.

    This error
    Code:
    err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed:
    sounds like a network connection problem, or something wrong with the battle.net authentication agent module. I have manually deleted and then run the blizzard launcher to repair/reinstall it in the past with Diablo 3. It's located in directory:
    Code:
    /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Application Data/Battle.net

    If your Wow account expires, you can create a seperate free non-expiring trial account that works well for testing purposes like walking around in a busy city.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    First thing I checked today was the rendering, which was working. Then I tried to launch the game, then the launcher. No luck. Then I checked the rendering and got this again:

    anna@anna-desktop:~$ glxinfo | grep rendering
    X Error of failed request: GLXBadDrawable
    Major opcode of failed request: 135 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
    Serial number of failed request: 20
    Current serial number in output stream: 20

    I don't get it. Can it turn itslef off? Am I doing something to it? Here is the error from trying the launcher.

    Code:
    anna@anna-desktop:~$  wine "/home/anna/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/\Launcher.exe" -opengl
    fixme:ieframe:PersistStreamInit_Load (0x1fd2c8)->(0x32e4c4)
    fixme:ieframe:OleControl_FreezeEvents (0x1fd2c8)->(1)
    fixme:ieframe:OleControl_FreezeEvents (0x1fd2c8)->(0)
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x8637d8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x8637b8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x863428): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x1fdaf8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 60000
    fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT/DATA_SEND_TIMEOUT 60000
    fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x1c5e8e0, overlapped 0x1c5e8ec): stub
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus (0x1fd37c)->((null) 1 0x32dcd4 (nil))
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_QueryStatus command_0: 27, 0x0
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 37 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 84 of group {000214d1-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
    fixme:mshtml:nsHttpChannelInternal_SetDocumentURI (0xb25c38)->()
    fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x1fd37c)->(0x32dce4)
    fixme:ieframe:DocObjectService_IsErrorUrl 0x212dd8 L"http://launcher.worldofwarcraft.com/" 0x32d990
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000004c at address 0x43d613 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10004
    err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10035
    I noticed this:

    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000004c at address 0x43d613 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    err:wininetpen_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10004
    err:wininetpen_http_connection create_netconn failed: 10035

    So am I having both a Wine problem and an Nvidia problem?

    ETA:

    Code:
    anna@anna-desktop:~$ nvidia-settings
    The program 'nvidia-settings' received an X Window System error.
    This probably reflects a bug in the program.
    The error was 'GLXBadDrawable'.
      (Details: serial 260 error_code 146 request_code 135 minor_code 5)
      (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
       that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
       To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
       option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
       backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
    anna@anna-desktop:~$
    I don't really know what that means. There is a bug in Nvidia?
    Last edited by Tweak42; February 20th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader

  4. #2524
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Beans
    251
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweak42 View Post
    For the "GLXBadDrawable" error, upgrade your nvidia drivers to 304.x.x or higher series. The 173.x.x drivers are ment for the ancient Geforce 5 chips.

    This error
    Code:
    err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed:
    sounds like a network connection problem, or something wrong with the battle.net authentication agent module. I have manually deleted and then run the blizzard launcher to repair/reinstall it in the past with Diablo 3. It's located in directory:
    Code:
    /home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Application Data/Battle.net

    If your Wow account expires, you can create a seperate free non-expiring trial account that works well for testing purposes like walking around in a busy city.
    I've already tried deleting all the battle.net files and repairing. It was the first suggestion I got actually. I can try it again. Right now my launcher says the game is up to date... but then doesn't launch it. I just tried it again and there is no change.

    My account did expire, but I do have a second trial account, which I can access on other computers. On my computer I can't even launch the game so nothing to test.

    I don't really know what to do about the drivers... My graphics processor is GeForce 8300 GS. I've downloaded this:

    Linux Display Driver - x86
    Version: 310.40 Certified
    Release Date: 2013.03.08
    Operating System: Linux
    Language: English (U.S.)
    File Size: 37 MB

    Trying to install it.
    Last edited by Crossbow; March 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 PM.

  5. #2525
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Beans
    251
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    So now when I try to run Warcraft, I don't get an error - it throws me right out to the Ubuntu login screen. I made it worse.

  6. #2526
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Beans
    251
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    Well, in case anyone is still reading, I determined that it is abolutely positively a driver problem. When I uninstalled the drivers, the game ran only without graphics.

    Following these instructions, I purged 173 and tried to install the new one. Stopping x threws me out of the system altogether and I couldn't log back in. Tried it from root in recovery mode but kept getting a "can't open" message. Reinstalled 173 so at least I HAVE a GUI. How do I get X86 to where I can install it?

  7. #2527
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Beans
    339
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    Well, in case anyone is still reading, I determined that it is abolutely positively a driver problem. When I uninstalled the drivers, the game ran only without graphics.

    Following these instructions, I purged 173 and tried to install the new one. Stopping x threws me out of the system altogether and I couldn't log back in. Tried it from root in recovery mode but kept getting a "can't open" message. Reinstalled 173 so at least I HAVE a GUI. How do I get X86 to where I can install it?
    I'm using amd64 install, not x86, so my experience could be different. From synaptic I'm just installing nvidia-experimental-310 (driver) and nvidia-settings-310 (settings utility). I have done the install via the .run driver directly from nvidia in the past but it's a pain and killed my X server few times leaving me stuck fixing it at the command line. I recommend sticking with the ubuntu repository packages.

    Another thing you can try is do a swap your boot drive and do a clean install using a spare hard drive so as to not mess up your existing install. I just did this with 13.04 beta to see if nvidia proprietary and intel wireless drivers work correctly (I've had trouble with them between upgrades in the past).
    Dell Latitude D630 - 4GB RAM - 128GB SSD - Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M - Intel 4965 wireless - DVD/CDRW - bluetooth - fingerprint reader

  8. #2528
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Beans
    9

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    I have Ubuntu 12.04 installed on my wife's HP mini along with wine 1.5 WoW launcher starts and connects to the servers for updates. But when we try to log into the game we get an Error #105 and "Server Disconnected". I do understand that this typically means that there is a problem with the Auth server on Blizzard's side, but it has been going on for four days now, while I can connect on my laptop (Mint Maya, same Wine version) either with her WoW account, or my own.

    Would really like to get her system working so we can play together, instead of her borrowing my laptop.

    I have used the winetricks tool and so far it hasn't made any difference

    Anyone have any suggestions? Or a link to a useful thread or site?

  9. #2529
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Beans
    9

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    Bumping this up. Any clues as to the #105?

  10. #2530
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Beans
    251
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

    Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

    Skip - Maybe try upgrading to 13.04?

    I just upgraded to 13.04 and now the game is miraculously working. The shrubbery is purple, the motion is jerky, and the sound is cutting out, but it's up and running. I don't know if this is some NVIDIA issue or the game settings (they are all on the "recommended" settings). I am terrified to try changing anything with the driver after all the trouble I've had.

    This probably isn't the place to ask for help with game settings, but if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it. The vidio quality is set a "fair" and if I turn it up, the screen goes black. The sound quality is set at medium, and changing that up or down makes no differnce. If it's the graphics driver, every time I try to change it I lose my GUI so I'm too scared.

Page 253 of 255 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •