Page 158 of 255 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2548

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Hi all! I'm looking for help because WoW is crashing in a strange way. Login screen and choosing character works fine. Also when I enter into the world, at this time in Stormwind, but after a few seconds the screen turns into the following

http://www.tapanez.com/imagenes/wow/errores.png

I've added -opengl to my shortcut, added

SET gxApi "opengl"
    SET M2UseShaders "0"
    SET ffxDeath "0"
    SET ffxGlow "0"

to my config.wtf, and I'm running the installation of WoW which I'm also playing from Windows XP, I suppose that's not the problem.

My graphic card is an ATI X1600 or something like that and the wine version is the last one.

Thank you for your help!

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Tapanez View Post
    Hi all! I'm looking for help because WoW is crashing in a strange way. Login screen and choosing character works fine. Also when I enter into the world, at this time in Stormwind, but after a few seconds the screen turns into the following

http://www.tapanez.com/imagenes/wow/errores.png

I've added -opengl to my shortcut, added

SET gxApi "opengl"
    SET M2UseShaders "0"
    SET ffxDeath "0"
    SET ffxGlow "0"

to my config.wtf, and I'm running the installation of WoW which I'm also playing from Windows XP, I suppose that's not the problem.

My graphic card is an ATI X1600 or something like that and the wine version is the last one.

Thank you for your help!
    I have seen this recently ahppening to every ATi card and has not found a solution yet ... hope you find one ... I need it too ... till then good luck ... but try to change your dll's from this link...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wo...roubleshooting

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fryed View Post
    Yesterday, I installed Hardy Heron, let the package manager update everything, and installed Wine. Wine is updated to the latest version, as is the NVidia binary driver. My video card is an NVidia GeForce 7800. I copied the entire Warcraft folder over from my Windows Vista partition, changed the Config.wtf to use the opengl glApi, and played the game.

The game works perfectly for me; in fact, it seems to run even more smoothly under wine than it did under Vista. However, when I attempt to exit the game, my display appears to be frozen. If, for instance, I exit the game from the login screen, the login screen never goes away; the "green smoke" animation keeps rotating, so the system definitely isn't frozen, but the screen never goes back to my X desktop. This happens no matter which screen I exit the game from, or if I attempt to Alt+Tab out of the game.

The system definitely isn't frozen; along with the animation continuing, I also continue to hear status change sound effects from Pidgin. However, it seems as though wine refuses to give the display and the input back to the X server.

I've searched around for a solution to this problem but haven't come up with anything; most people were referencing an actual crash that used to occur when exiting WoW in earlier versions of wine, but that was different from the symptoms I'm seeing. Has anyone seen anything like this, and got any solutions I could attempt?

Things I've tried so far:
    Changed Warcraft to run in Fullscreen mode, rather than Windowed mode at full screen resolution - no luck.
    Downgraded wine to the earlier version shown in the package manager - no luck.
    As an update to my previous post, in the hopes that this will ring a bell for someone: Last night, I turned my Gnome graphics setting (I think that's the term for it) from "Full special effects" to "No special effects". After doing that, WoW refused to launch at all, as though wine were attempting to initialize the graphics card but failed for some reason. The process would still start, but the login screen would never appear. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated. I intend to try changing more settings tonight to see if anything changes, but I'm really not an expert on Ubuntu, Gnome, or wine, and so any guidance anyone can provide is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I'm just editing this post since there's no reason to make a new one IMO. I solved the problem! To anyone who might be having the same problem, I had to use the nvidia-glx driver instead of the nvidia-glx-new driver. Unfortunately, this seems to mean that I can't use anything but the Minimal effects setting in Gnome, but I'm willing to live with that if necessary.
    Last edited by Fryed; May 7th, 2008 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Fixed problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Lightbulb Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Thanks thisismalhotra! Copying dll's the game works fine, don't know why the hell hadn't tried this before. Also have modified registry in order to increse framerate, was very low, round 20fps, now is about 25-28fps when in Windows XP is equal or higher than 30, but for now is good.

The only thing is not working fine is minimap, it appears white, I'll investigate that.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Tapanez; May 6th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

HI guys Just put 7.10 on my wife's computer. Installed the ATI drivers from ENVY for her ati raedon 9600. Her direct rendering comes back as yes. She can enable desktop effects. I put wow on the computer and followed the performance tweaks and when I log into wow I can see the user name and password box however the backgroud is all black. I can log into the game but I just see sky, no buildings or anything.

Beans

Question Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Bit of a n00b, here! I've just tried to install WoW on 8.04 with Wine 0.9.59. I am running on an FSC Amilo Pro V2085 lappie that plays WoW, if a bit slowly, on XP. I followed the How To.... on installing but am getting a bit of a snag:

On starting from either the launcher or wow.exe, I go to the "film" intro. On completion the processor activity spikes for less than a second, and WoW closes to a black screen. I have not even got to the login window. As such I have no config.wtf to play with.

Any help gratefully apreciated.

Beans

Just tried changing the screen res from 1024x768 to 1280x800 and the movie intros won't even play now!

Beans
    CPU: Intel Centrino Dual Core 2
    RAM: 2 Gb
    Graphics card make and model: ATI Radeon 2400 HD
    Wine version number: Newest?

When I start Wine, I just get a black screen and nothing happens.

When I press ESC. it quits fine, no problems.

Any ideas?

Kind regards, Lasse.

Edit:

Tried switching to d3d instead of OpenGL, which leaves me with this.

This is a link to what I see when running it in D3d.

Edit2: Added all the SET syntaxes suggested for slow performance, when WoW is starting, back ground is all black, enviroment showed up nice before I tried maxing out graphics. No character to see, only enviroment.

Edit3:

Adding

SET M2UseShaders "0"
    to config.wtf

Fixed my issues, WoW is running great now!
    Last edited by LasseNC; May 7th, 2008 at 11:46 PM.

Beans

K I changed the OpenGL also to D3d:
    this is what I got now in me Config.wtf

Code:
    SET SoundOutputSystem "1"
    SET SoundBufferSize "150"
    SET gxApi "d3d"
    SET locale "enGB"
    SET coresDetected "1"
    SET hwDetect "0"
    SET gxColorBits "24"
    SET gxDepthBits "24"
    SET gxResolution "1024x768"
    SET gxRefresh "60"
    SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
    SET gxFixLag "0"
    SET videoOptionsVersion "1"
    SET pixelShaders "1"
    SET movie "0"
    SET expansionMovie "0"
    SET showToolsUI "1"
    SET Sound_OutputDriverName "System Default"
    SET realmList "eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com"
    SET patchlist "eu.version.worldofwarcraft.com"
    SET SmallCull "0.040000"
    SET DistCull "500.000000"
    SET farclip "450.000000"
    SET specular "1"
    SET particleDensity "1.000000"
    SET groundEffectDensity "24"
    SET M2UseShaders "0"
    It works fine for 10 second and then I had me first Ubuntu crash ever :/ anyone know what is the problem and how to fix this ?

EDIT: have me 3th Crash I tryed to do the regedit the same like OpenGL for d3d didnt work
    EDIT2: Have tryed to copy all me .dll files from me Vista systeem to this one and it still dont work :/

IT WORKS !! just do this: SET gxApi "divx"
    it worked for me atleast :/ Only got a crap FPS of 2 :/ and got some black dots in me screen

Screen:

Some one know how to fix this ?
    Last edited by wimpie; May 8th, 2008 at 07:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by Faud View Post
    HI guys Just put 7.10 on my wife's computer. Installed the ATI drivers from ENVY for her ati raedon 9600. Her direct rendering comes back as yes. She can enable desktop effects. I put wow on the computer and followed the performance tweaks and when I log into wow I can see the user name and password box however the backgroud is all black. I can log into the game but I just see sky, no buildings or anything.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=770939

this will help

Page 158 of 255 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast