Page 146 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2548

Thread: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Howto: WOW with Wine (help.ubuntu.com/community/WorldofWarcraft)

Quote Originally Posted by baudday View Post
    Alright, well I still have the problem from a couple of posts up, and it's not anything with my machine overheating or being dirty, can anyone help me out?
    Another problem i'm having is the game crashing when I adjust the video settings in game. The reason I was doing this was to get optimal resolution, but I can live with 1024 x 780.
    Try the recommended WoW AddOn that should make video adjustments available and functional. It's called Apply To Forehead and I think a link to it can be found in this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=654681

It's an attachment in the 1st post even.

Additionally you could edit the video entry in your Config.wtf for wow that says 1024x768 to the proper resolution that you require.

As for locking up while playing. Bound to happen. I agree with others and say the card is overheating. Try a new GPU cooler other than the stock cooler you may be using. Recommend GPU coolers from Zalman. I'm using one on my 9600XT and that's added years of life to the card and increased stability under loads 10 fold.

If you still don't think thats the case try playing the game at a very high resolution and see how fast it crashes, then go back to 1024x768 and time it there, then at 800x600... if the time between crashes from high resolution to low resolution increases then its memory or heat. Good luck.
    ]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

World of Warcraft: White Minimap

Looks like I'm being told to open a bug report with ATI since Wine does a 1:1 with OpenGL

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11826

Still curious why it works fine in D3D and not OpenGL.

Maybe the guru's at ATI will have the clues.

Those of you that are using Cat 8.1 or 8.2 and 0.9.56 and older with this issue are encouraged to let me know. I can confirm this issue as far back as Wine 0.9.48 w/ Cat 8.1 and 0.9.55+ with Cat 8.2.

My Video Card is the: ATI Radeon 9600XT

I encourage others with this issue to reply or PM me please.
    ]

Beans

I think I really mucked something up

I just upgraded to 7.10 from 7.04. WoW used to run fine but after upgrading I tried to install a different video card. The card I tried to install is ATI and it did not work. I reverted back to the old card (Nvidia MMX 440) but WoW will not launch.

I double click and a Blizzard error report comes up. I tested WoW after upgrading to 7.10 and it worked just as well as it did with 7.04. Anyone have any ideas? It's most definitely a user error but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan.

Just ran this command in the terminal

glxinfo | grep rendering

And it gave me this :
    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
    Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual
    Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"

And repeated that for several lines. Think I may have messed something up with my video card. I tried this command :

sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx

To see if I had the wrong driver but after installing it I still get the same information in the terminal.

Any information would be appreciated

This is what my xorg.conf file looks like... appears like a few things are disabled:

Section "Module"
    Disable "dbe"
    Disable "dri"
    Disable "glx"
    Disable "vbe"

Also might be good to mention that I used Envy to install the Nvidia driver.
    Hope that helps someone help me =P
    Last edited by randoy; March 5th, 2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Some more information

Beans

I have a strange issue on Ubuntu 7.10 on my Asus z71v laptop. The game runs fine and has been for a while. I'm noticing on the latest version of Ubuntu that it seems to peg the cpu when I launch it any time after closing out a session. Not the biggest problem in that I just reboot and it works fine for 1 launch again, but it would be nice to not have to do that. Any clues?

EDIT: disabled desktop visual effects and it works fine, apparently something to do with that...
    Last edited by oberonix; March 4th, 2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: solved problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Okay, totally stupid question, but after I download the applytoforehead addon, how do I move it into my WoW files?

I am very new at the Ubuntu thing. Installing addons in Xp was fairly easy, but I am having trouble wrapping my head around this one.

Thanks!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Bargeek View Post
    Okay, totally stupid question, but after I download the applytoforehead addon, how do I move it into my WoW files?

I am very new at the Ubuntu thing. Installing addons in Xp was fairly easy, but I am having trouble wrapping my head around this one.

Thanks!!
    If you installed WoW addons in Xp then it's the same in Linux. The only "gotcha" is that the default WoW install path is in a hidden directory (.wine) and you will need to show hidden files with a Ctrl+H (in the default Ubuntu filre manager). Then navigate to:

.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

and place the extracted files there (in their own subfolder of course).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by oberonix View Post
    I have a strange issue on Ubuntu 7.10 on my Asus z71v laptop. The game runs fine and has been for a while. I'm noticing on the latest version of Ubuntu that it seems to peg the cpu when I launch it any time after closing out a session. Not the biggest problem in that I just reboot and it works fine for 1 launch again, but it would be nice to not have to do that. Any clues?

EDIT: disabled desktop visual effects and it works fine, apparently something to do with that...
    First find out what process is taking your CPU resources: System -> Administration -> System Monitor then sort by %CPU.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Jovec View Post
    If you installed WoW addons in Xp then it's the same in Linux. The only "gotcha" is that the default WoW install path is in a hidden directory (.wine) and you will need to show hidden files with a Ctrl+H (in the default Ubuntu filre manager). Then navigate to:

.wine/drive_c/Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

and place the extracted files there (in their own subfolder of course).
    Gotcha. Thanks for the advice. Got them installed, and am looking forward to getting in game very soon!!

Beans

I'm having a very hard time trying to run Warcraft on ubuntu, I followed 3 threads on how to install it on ubuntu but i still have a minor problem, the problem I now have and that I can't seem to figure out on my own is that when I start the game from the launcher or direct from WoW.exe with Wine i get the sound but no video, then the hole thing crashes at the login screen, I searched forums and threads for help but haven't found an answer to my problem, I changed Wine's configurations and got all updates, changed Config.wtf in wow interface, made a new registry key, video drivers are all up-to-date. I ran WoW launcher in terminal and got this:

dc@dc-laptop:~$ wine "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe"
    fixme:shdocvw: DocHostUIHandler_GetDropTarget (0x133500)
    fixme:shdocvw:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x133500)->(0x34d780)
    fixme:shdocvw:InPlaceFrame_SetStatusText (0x133500)->(0xb7e74b74)
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec (0x133500)->((null) 25 2 0x34d694 (nil))
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec (0x133500)->((null) 26 2 0x34d694 (nil))
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec (0x133500)->((null) 21 2 (nil) (nil))
    fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec (0x133500)->((null) 28 2 0x34d8d0 (nil))
    fixme:bidi:mirror stub: mirroring of characters not yet implemented
    fixme:shdocvw:OleInPlaceObject_InPlaceDeactivate (0x133468 )
    fixme:mshtml:HlinkTarget_SetBrowseContext (0x14b3f0)->((nil))
    fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Close (0x133468 )->(1)
    fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
    fixme: powrprof: DllMain (0x7c720000, 1, (nil)) not fully implemented
    fixme:ntdll:NtPowerInformation Unimplemented NtPowerInformation action: 11
    fixme: powrprof: DllMain (0x7c720000, 0, (nil)) not fully implemented
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34eee0,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34ee40,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f428,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f6ec,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f6ec,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f15c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f850,0x00000000), stub!
    err: x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1024x768x32 @60! (XRandR)
    err: x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1024x768x32 @0! (XRandR)
    fixme :d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateQuery (0x139d80) call to IWineD3DDevice_CreateQuery failed
    fixme: d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateQuery (0x13bea0) Event query: Unimplemented, but pretending to be supported
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f15c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT (5000): STUB
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_SEND/RECEIVE_TIMEOUT not supported on protocol 4
    fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CONTEXT_VALUE; STUB
    fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateQuery (0x13bea0) Event query: Unimplemented, but pretending to be supported
    Mesa 7.0.1 implementation error: i915_program_error: Exceeded max nr indirect texture lookups
    Please report at bugzilla.freedesktop.org
    DRM_I830_CMDBUFFER: -22
    fixme:shell: DllCanUnloadNow stub
    fixme:msimtf: DllCanUnloadNow ()

HELP! I NEED SOMEBODY, HELP! NOT JUST ANYBODY, HELP!... YOU KNOW I NEED SOMEONE...

Beans

Hokai.

I'm having issues right from the start.I go to run the

sudo apt-get install wine

command. It's spitting out this;

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.

Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that